Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: [ Link removed ] vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is hiring a Project Manager to cover project sites in Channelview, Texas region (reporting to our Houston office) with strong experience in managing multiple chemical, petrochemical and downstream type of projects. Prior field experience required.
- Lead as proposal manager representing the owner in developing scope, cost and schedule as part of the project execution strategy for brownfield projects
- Manage multiple brownfield projects ranging up to 50 million TIC concurrently
- Interphase and coordinate with plant operations and engineering team to develop and refine project scope
- Work with engineering, construction and fabrication contractors to execute brownfield projects
- Be accountable for scope, cost, schedule and procurement on brownfield projects which you are managing
- Meet key project indicators developed as part of the execution of a project
- Identify, clarify and document customer changes from initial project objectives and scope of work to support the change order process
- Manage project scope creep
- Develop bi-weekly and monthly management reports
- Participate in review and improvement of company’s project management best practices
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Prior field experience in chemical, petrochemical and downstream facilities– preferably with operating companies
- Prior direct experience in managing multiple chemical, petrochemical and downstream brownfield projects
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four year college or university
- Minimum 3 years direct work experience in a project management capacity
- In depth understanding of the Oil & Gas industry in the Gulf Coast Region
- Understanding of the engineering and construction industry by way of experience in past employment with Operating Companies (strongly preferred) or EPC Companies
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Self-starter with hands-on approach and out-of-the-box thinking in development of project execution strategies that win projects
- Proficient skills in the Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Strong team player with exceptional communication and organization skills; focal point of all owner communication
- Have experience and be proficient in stage gate process – FEL’s, Detail Design and Construction
- Proficient skills in reading and understanding cost report trends and forecasting and working with project engineering to bring project team to meet budgets
- Proficient skills in understanding the links in a critical path schedule to analyze and forecast outcomes and develop recovery plans as required
- Construction Engineering
- Critical Thinking
- Financial Management