Jacobs is the world’s top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers.
Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motorsports community.
Our experience encompasses virtually every type of automotive test facility, including climatic and driveability wind tunnels; aerodynamic, acoustic, and thermodynamic wind tunnels; emissions test rooms; soak rooms; altitude chambers; engine and powertrain test cells; and electromagnetic anechoic chambers.
We not only design and build these facility systems assets but also operate, maintain, and manage these facilities.
The Emissions Test Engineer is an integral part of the new vehicle development process.
- Provide technical resource to operations & maintenance as it relates to test procedures, equipment issues, etc
- Provide technical support to customer base (assist in interpreting data, providing testing guidance, etc)
- Provide training, generate procedures when necessary
- Generate functional specifications for equipment purchases
- Conduct design reviews with equipment suppliers
- Ensure suppliers / projects follow corporate fire / safety / environmental guidelines
- Coordinate trades in the installation of a new system / facility
- Conduct acceptance testing / correlation testing
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• B.S. in Engineering from an accredited school, Mechanical or Electrical fields preferred
• Computer science background preferred but not required.
• Internal fluid flow mechanics knowledge
• Working knowledge of electronics / electronics troubleshooting
• Strong technical communication skills (i.e., generate technical specifications, etc.)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
- Lifting: Up to 50 lbs.
- Climbing: NA
- Crawling: NA
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Safety glasses, hearing protection on sites, gloves, safety shoes, 100%
- Unusual physical requirements: Sitting (75%), Standing (50%), Bending (25%), Stooping (25%)
- High noise level: Audiograms required (TWA over 85 dB)
- Other: NA
Description of Work Environment
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: Inside, 100%
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: Cold temperatures (20F or warmer), 10%
- Hazardous conditions - What are they?: Moving dynamometer rolls, 80%
- Travel/transportation requirements: May require occasional local travel, 25%
- Other: NA
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated - which?: Computers, telephones, copiers, fax machines, 75%
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: NA
- Tools used in trade - which ones?: Air driven sockets, basic hand tools, 25%
- Other: NA
Criticality of Attendance
- Overtime, regular days, off days: Monday through Friday, 100%
- Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: Day shift (7:00-3:30). Shift assignment is subject to change, so candidate must be flexible with available work hours.
- Necessity for regular attendance: Critical
- Urgency for punctuality: Critical
- Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
- Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, audiogram and background check.
- Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers.
- Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner.
- Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required.
- Travel to and from customer’s locations and the test fields may be required to support projects.
- This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary.
- When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Auto Emissions Test Engineer.
Installations (Computer Systems)