This key design position will be responsible for development and implementation of algorithms, which enable the functionality of switched mode power supplies (SMPS), UPS systems and electronic controllers for heating cable systems. As such, the successful candidate will actively participate in the new product development cycle, including requirements, design, verification, release and documentation, working as a key contributor to our development efforts.
• High level design and architecture development.
- Detailed programming/algorithm work as per product requirements.
- Perform Firmware (FW) Unit Testing and Integration Testing.
- Prepare test cases for system level FW testing on prototype and finalized builds.
- Perform system level testing with Electronics Design Team.
- Perform failure analysis and troubleshooting of digital and analog circuits.
- Prepare and maintain firmware-related documents and specifications.
- Participate in peer design and code reviews.
- Training, development program and mentoring junior team members.
- Firmware qualification and evaluation for both communication and cybersecurity requirements.
- Maintaining existing products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in Embedded Firmware Design.
- Hardware design experience using Microcontrollers and Digital Signal Controllers (ARM, PIC, NXP). PIC/32bit microcontroller experience preferred.
- Experience in high speed circuit and board design.
- Experience in network and industrial communication protocols (TCP-IP/ UDP, HTTP, ARP, Ethernet/IP, HART, MODBUS, Profinet) is an advantage.
- Experience in Agile-Scrum Development and automation is a plus.
- Experience with color and touch display systems and WIFI module development is a plus.
- C and C Language proficiency is a must.
- Implementing embedded communication protocols: I2C, UART, SPI, USB, CAN, etc.
- Proficiency in implementing State Machine Algorithms and/or RTOS is an advantage.
- Knowledge in Industrial IoT is a plus.
- Knowledge in Switch Mode Power Supply functions and topologies is an advantage.
- Knowledge in Hashing and Encryption Algorithms is a plus.
- Knowledge in version control systems (e.g. Git) is a plus.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Foster Teamwork: Collaborate with team members to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Resourceful and organized in taking steps throughout the development
- Excellent communication skills: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Applicant must be willing to work in Ortigas Center, Pasig.
- Willingness to travel to remote manufacturing facilities and customer sites as requested
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter
Real Time Operating Systems
Serial Peripheral Interface