Fluidics Inc., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Since Fluidics was founded in 1968, a lot has changed in the mechanical contracting industry, including our company. We have acquired the most technologically and physically advanced resources available to meet the growing needs of our customers.
Job Title: --Facilities Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: --
Responsible to use existing experience to learn & understand the sequence of operation for building related electrical systems, motor control centers switchgear systems and subpanels, control systems, emergency power distribution systems that include, UPS, Battery back-up, power distribution units and subpanels. Conduct tours and logs to validate the operation of entire electrical, heating & cooling plant which includes but is not limited to; chillers, cooling towers, various commercial mechanical and plumbing systems, air handling units, pumps, heat exchangers, and other building mechanical systems is required. Work involves the lifting of heavy equipment and apparatus and may be performed in areas of extreme heat or cold. Receives and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
- Operation, minor repair or replacement, and maintenance of all related electrical components in control systems, air handling units, pumps, motors, heat exchangers, switchgear, sub-panels and all electrical & mechanical components.
- Utilize available CAD drawings, prints, schematics, sketches or verbal instructions.
- Install, repair or replace new circuitry via “whips” per approved plan.
- Operate efficiently, all hand/power tools, test instruments and equipment normally used by this trade and maintain/return in good condition.
- Participate in specialty vendor exercises that involve Generator maintenance, Generator Load testing, UPS systems, and the exercise or maintenance of Automatic Transfer Switches.
- Inspections of electrical systems, trace electrical circuits, operate switchgear, record inspections, and write reports to Supervisors.
- Log information from all maintenance exercises accordingly.
- Perform minor electrical tasks to include bulb and ballast replacement.
- Requisition necessary material to complete required repairs.
- Perform any additional duties on an as “required” basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations.
- Preferred Electrical Trades or HVAC Trade School certification in location applicable disciplines i.e. or experience & certification supporting ability to perform job unsupervised.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience. Extended knowledge of commercial mechanical & plumbing systems a plus..
- Experience & proven ability to monitor & maintain electrical components within commercial plumbing, & HVAC systems and auxiliary systems.
- Strong knowledge of operation of building auxiliary systems i.e. fire-life safety, stand by emergency generators
- Familiarity of general building systems i.e. vertical lift equipment, overhead doors.
- Ability to write, execute written and oral instructions and perform arithmetic calculations.
- Data Center experience preferred.
- Ability required to work 3rd shift.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
- Cladding (Construction)
- Control Systems
- Data Centers