Local Unit & Position Description
Ship Classification covers Classification and Statutory services and provides governance, support, and development of our global work processes NB, CMC, and FIS in addition to carrying out approval within these processes. Ship Classification is the backbone of the Maritime Business consisting of 6 units: Approval, Technical Support, Class Development, Quality, HSE and Class Services, and Regulatory Affairs.
The Approval (M-SA) organization consists of 6 departments and 4 Central functions spread across 3 key locations: Høvik, Hamburg and Gdynia. Approval is responsible for plan approval of classification and statutory documents as well as other formal review of documentation related to classification, statutory and notified certification services. Approval also helps to drive and develop new services to Maritime customers.
M-SA’s most important asset is our diverse skills and competencies. The sections are responsible for supporting our customers through the consistent delivery of high-quality services. As a member of the M-SA organization, you act in a professional, competent, and service oriented environment and in return, receive possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues across locations.
We are seeking a skillful, curious, and agile Project Controller in our Business Support Unit. You will be part of our cross-border team of highly qualified colleagues, who are responsible for contract handling, invoicing and financial follow up of projects and orders in Oracle Finance.
We monitor and control the commercial workflow for all service lines and work close together with Class Development to design, test and implement digital processes for all kinds of services
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contract handling with internal and external customers,
- Register, update and maintain projects and orders in Oracle Finance,
- External and internal Invoicing,
- Interact with clients regarding contracts and invoice questions and/or concerns,
- Participate in periodic end closing, ensuring correct accruals on the projects and orders,
- Together with the Business Controllers, Project Managers and technical sections manage and coordinate the project portfolio in Oracle Finance,
- Involved in future development of DNV Order Management tools,
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or similar,
- Structured work approach,
- Excellent system understanding,
- Good knowledge of excel and preferably Power BI,
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills,
- Accurate and efficient to master periodically high workload.
- You appear outgoing and service-minded,
- You like working with numbers,
- You have team spirit and commitment,
- You are structured and accurate with an eye for details,
- You like to solve complex issues,
- You have a curious and investigative mindset,
- You like working with admin and process tasks,
- You are flexible, and adaptable – as issues and tasks may change quickly.
For more information about the position, please contact Birgitte Øgrey, Head of Section - Business Support Commercial Governance
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!
- Business Administration