Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
This position allows for a hybrid work schedule with a mix of work spent in office and working remote from home.\u202f
This position will offer you the ability to directly apply your knowledge of protective relaying and controls systems for distribution and high voltage substations. As a Lead Protection & Control Engineer\u202fyou will primarily review the work of others. That work will typically consist primarily of protection and control schematics and wiring drawings for a wide range of substation modifications and upgrades to support client requirements.\u202f
- You will be responsible for reviewing protective relaying philosophies, including selection of relay, control, and communications equipment, SCADA and telecommunication concepts and configurations, and I/O assignments and connection diagrams.\u202f
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of substation protection and control issues.
- You will perform review of the designs prepared by others for single line diagrams, substation relaying & metering diagrams (i.e. A.C. schematic diagrams), and D.C. schematic diagrams.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others.
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of Sargent & Lundy\u2019s systems of processes and associated \u201cCommunities of Practice.\u201d\u202f
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced engineers.
- There is the potential for you to travel to client and vendor offices for design reviews and to plant project site locations for construction coordination and field verification of designs.
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- Auto Cad
- Control Engineering
- Design Codes