Provides support in the total planning and execution of refinery electrical capital and maintenance projects, provides electrical assistance to Maintenance Department and Operations Departments, and develops Electrical System Reliability programs and procedures that ensure the Refinery is operating at maximum efficiency and reliability
- Provides technical assistance to the refinery on routine daily electrical issues, including providing troubleshooting assistance to the Electricians, making recommendations to the refinery on field repairs, interpretation of Electrical data gathered during Preventative Maintenance Work orders, and consultations with Design Engineering on electrical design packages.
- Assists Operations and Maintenance Departments during Electrical System Disturbances.
- Creates and updates electrical drawings such as one-line diagrams, motor schematics, panel schedules, and other related drawings as needed.
- Prepares and submits Management of Change (MOC) documentation related to electrical systems and projects and champion the change process through to Pre-Startup Safety Review, Startup of the change and Closeout of the MOC.
- Develops and stewards electrical system reliability improvement opportunities, including participation in development and execution of a strategy to improve plant electrical reliability. This strategy involves capital improvement, preventive maintenance, repair strategies, etc.
- Updates and maintains SKM electrical system model as electrical system additions as changes occur.
- Prepares Refinery short circuit studies, load flow studies, arc flash studies, and motor starting studies as needed.
- Prepares high voltage switching procedures. Coordinates and oversees the execution of these procedures by Operations or Maintenance personnel.
- Proposes amendments to Electrical Safety Policy as necessary to address latest codes and technology.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and represents the organization in meetings to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Provides functional and final checkouts of new and modified Electrical System Installations.
- Serves as co-ESARN representative for Valero-Memphis in monthly phone meetings and yearly face to face meetings.
- Participates in incident investigations and assists in generating incident reports or failure analyses for incidents involving electrical system disturbances and electrical equipment failures.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- 2 years of electrical engineering experience in an industrial plant required.
- Experience in refining or petrochemical environment preferred.
- Experience with electrical distribution systems, large project execution both engineering and field construction, protective relay coordination, application and testing, and hazardous area classifications preferred.
- Experience with induction and synchronous motors and distribution transformers preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.