Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. At Jacobs, what we do is more than a job, we work every day to make the world better for all.
In our strategic advisory work, we’re empowering our clients to deliver smarter, more sustainable, and more affordable solutions for tomorrow. From optimising asset performance to developing robust strategic programs, from planning Australia’s next suburban smart town to protecting vulnerable countries against rising oceans – we’re committed to aiming higher in all that we do, because what we do counts. #ANZ Cities #LI-LM1234
Our Strategic Advisory and Cities & Places Solutions team is seeking a Decarbonisation Lead to continue to grow our expertise in the decarbonisation/energy transition market.
Specifically, the role will involve:
- Conducting benchmarking and advising clients on strategy, targets, priorities, pathways, roadmapping and solutions associated with decarbonisation and emissions reduction
- Growing our business with respect to decarbonisation strategic services, ultimately becoming a ‘trusted advisor’ to our existing and future client base
- Winning work with respect to decarbonisation, particularly in strategic consulting
- Assisting with integrating our Jacobs offering with respect to net zero pathways for our clients
- Working with global Solutions and Technology leads, particularly with regard to decarbonisation, energy management, sustainable finance, climate risk, sustainable programs/project delivery and ESG risks to redefine what is possible for our clients
- Driving high levels of technical quality delivery of decarbonisation and climate action services • Utilising existing relationships to identify and develop our decarbonisation market offerings to our client base
- Mentoring and developing sustainability staff to enable quality delivery on decarbonisation and climate action
- Monitoring and communicating trends in decarbonisation across the business • Leveraging technical knowledge to assist in driving decarbonisation strategy delivery in New Zealand, Australia and more broadly in the Asia Pacific (APAC) and globally
- Tertiary qualifications in sustainability, environmental science/management, urban planning, or engineering
- Strategic energy management advisory and/or sustainable finance experience
- Significant industry experience
- Experience in client engagement
- Project management skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to guide and mentor up and coming team members
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place.
No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Benchmarking (Project Management)
Coaching And Mentoring