The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are today at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport, with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France and present in over 60 countries, we employ 32,800 people worldwide. The Alstom-led consortium Expolink, also composed of Acciona and Gulermak, has signed a contract with RTA (Roads & Transport Authority) to design and build the extension of Dubai’s Red metro line, also called Route 2020, and upgrade the system of the existing line. The project involves the construction of a 15-kilometre-long line – of which 11.8 kilometers of elevated metro line and 3.2 kilometers underground metro line - branching off the existing red line at the Nakheel Harbour & Tower station.
For more information, please visit: [ Link removed ]
Barcelona, Santa Perpetua de la Mogoda
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Defines the manufacturing process and associated equipment for a new product, taking into account the industrial policy, existing standards and constraints of the project.
- Perform industrial documentation for the project.
- Estimate the manufacturing workload for the part corresponding to his domain.
MISSION & RESPONSABILITIES
During specification and preliminary design phases:
- Gather Industrial requirements Engineering has to comply with, during product specification and design. Explain them to Engineering.
- Participate actively to the product design in co-engineering mode, using appropriate methodologies.
- Design the macro-process, based on standard SMP.
- Prepare introduction of new technologies if need be, with associated process validation plan.
- Identify needs of specific manufacturing equipment.
- Estimate Method Time and perform a preliminary line balancing.
- Identify critical process steps where to perform detailed Process FMEA and full FAR / FAI.
During detailed design phase and before Serial Go:
- Complete industrial documentation: industrial data sheets, IMFU (Industrial Maturity Follow-Up)
- Perform P-FMEA.
- Participate to validation of prototypes if any.
- Develop specifications of industrial means for serial production.
- Define workstation layouts, taking into account ergonomic and EHS rules and optimizing movements.
- Perform a complete and detailed line balancing.
- Validate product design and industrialization through FAR and FAI.
After serial Go:
- Industrialize retrofit after engineering changes: documentation, workstation definition / update.
- Support Production to achieve manufacturing QCD targets.
- Bring his expertise to the industrial Costing Manager during tender phase
- Participates to R&D programs as industrial representative.
- Perform industrial REX on manufacturing processes.
- Engineering Graduate, preferably Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Organization.
- Fluent in English (B2 or asimilated), Frecnh would be an asset.
Desired Knowledge / Experience
- Manufacturing or Manufacturing Engineering background with 5 to 10 years’ experience preferably in the railway industry.
- Technical experience of Process Engineering, writing manufacturing work instructions, line balancing, Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in working with an ERP (such as SAP) for Bill of Materials, Routings, Configuration follow-up
- Working knowledge in Quality, EHS standards and Ergonomics.
- Knowledge of CAD and PLM tools (CATIA, DELMIA…)
- Familiar with IS common tools.
- Process FMEA, QRQC.
- Conscientious. Commits and delivers.
- Team Player. Spirit of “Team Trust Action”
- Decisive. Obtains and uses necessary information to make decisions. Refers decision to others when appropriate
- Logical and organized
- Good communication.
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry
Job Type: Experienced
Product Lifecycle Management