Top of Form
Handle financial and commercial aspects of transport business performance and compliance. Scope includes but is not limited to, people management, vendor Integration, process, RACI, risk management, transport development, budget development, performance reporting and leadership.
• Organize and make recommendations regarding overall budget reporting, ToR and Revenue recognition in transportation.
• Supervise and create transport budget for VAME projects one by one and on the portfolio.
• Evaluate financial but also technical and commercial data using pre- and post calculation, trending, earned value and estimation methods to forecast revenue and costs estimates, and evaluate reasonableness for the former.
• Evaluate for reasonableness the further cost to complete (CTC) on projects.
• Coordinate interface with Financial Reporting for to provide timely and accurate financial data, documentation and input for commentary as needed with regards to audits and financial reporting.
• Coordinate interface with Vestas Sales and Sales Management for front end project quoting strategy
• Handle interface for transport costing and viability for new product development
• Coordinate routine and ad hoc financial analysis and cost control reports to Transportation and Supply Chain management (such as COO State-of-Affairs or monthly performance reports).
• Handle vendor relationship and align processes globally to be translated to the team and execution.
• Actively engage on the strategic supplier partnership integration, aligning globally and regionally and be the liaison within Vestas transport team.
• Supervises 1-5 direct reports.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, SAP and additional software programs) (SAP)
• Ability to work flexible hours and with variety of cultures (coordinating with various time zones)
• Ability to effectively guide a cross functional team that may include internal, external, domestic and international stakeholders
• Solve problems strategically; search out relevant information and gauge its importance when making decisions
• Ability to influence across organizational boundaries / with solid focus on working with & understanding different cultures
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and accept new ideas and changing initiatives
Education, Training, and Skills Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, International Business, Supply Chain Management or equivalent, master’s degree preferred
• 10 or more years of experience in a global transportation environment, transportation management systems and ownership of budgets in excess of $20 million
•Motivated to initiate change collaboratively in a global matrix organization
• Solid understanding of import/export laws and activities.
• Thorough working knowledge of international freight operations, international shipping laws and transportation system optimization.
• Ability to design multi-model transportation systems.
• Knowledge of heavy and oversized hauls.
• Experience in design and monitor performance metrics.
• Supply chain certification highly desired.
While performing the tasks of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use of hands and fingers to handle and feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The environment is an open office setting and the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bottom of Form
[ Link removed ]
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with +136 GW of wind turbines in 84 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and +117 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and tap into wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 29,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Air And Ocean Freight Forwarding
Supply Chain Management
Transportation Management Systems