Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the 'why' of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
We’re seeking a Senior Federal Subcontracts Administrator to join our team. You’ll have the opportunity to use your vast experience in the industry and apply it to solving today’s challenges.
This position is responsible for effectively and professionally conducting and coordinating the activities associated with subcontracting of services. The incumbent has thorough knowledge and understanding of subcontracting concepts, principles and practices, and the techniques of ensuring task completion, project delivery processes, and subcontractor relationship expectations. The incumbent understands the role of subcontracting in the project delivery process and the value-added expectations, and performs assignments in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent has thorough knowledge and understanding of the concepts, principles, theories, and compliance requirements applicable to the assigned group, subject area, or services.
- Coordinate the procurement of subcontracted services and administer assigned subcontracts to accomplish project or group objectives and obligations.
- Subcontracting assignments typically will consist of professional or technical services, and major or complex construction services on larger projects, or may be assigned as the Subcontracts Manager for all subcontracting on a small project.
- Provide tracking of subcontract activity, progress information, and guidance to project personnel on subcontracting issues, with specific attention to change management and financial status.
- Coordinate closely with Engineering, Construction, and all other disciplines for continuity and overall program effectiveness.
- Perform all subcontract formation duties for assigned subcontracts, including prequalification of bidders, solicitation of proposals, proposal evaluations, source selection recommendations, development of negotiation strategies, leads negotiation of contract terms and pricing issues, conformance and finalizing of agreements, and subcontract issuance and execution.
- Develop prime contract flow-downs applicable for the project and ensure applicable flow-downs are identified, addressed, and included in assigned subcontracts.
- Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, source selection recommendations, Subcontracts, and change orders prior to execution.
- Ensure budget compliance issues are addressed and award subcontracts.
- Perform subcontract post-award administration duties, including change order management, contractual compliance, invoice verification, performance evaluation, closeout of agreements, and records retention.
- Maintain the database of potential and qualified subcontractors, including performance history.
- Utilize established policies, procedures, systems, and tools to assure maximum contribution.
- Preparation of proposal deliverables related to subcontracting, including pricing of subcontracted services, execution approach narratives, and labor hour estimates for subcontracting.
- Assist Procurement Management in providing other support services as requested.
- For Federal project assignments the role will also include:
- Acquires and administers services subcontracts at an optimum balance of cost, quality, client need, and supplier service.
- Responsible for assigned projects for subcontract administration services for subcontracts of low to medium risk on a domestic project.
- Conducts strategic pricing planning, leads cost proposal support and participates in technical proposal preparation in compliance with the Federal Estimating System Manual, RFP requirements and other firm policies and procedures
- Provides information for subcontract auditing; reviews audit reports and implements audit recommendations; coordinates audit responses with audit agencies and clients under the direction of Supervisor.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Degree in Business, Law, Engineering or other applicable field. Experience in lieu of a degree is acceptable.
- Minimum of 7 years experience in subcontracting and contract management, with specific experience in working on medium to large projects such as airports, dams, stadiums, buildings, highways and bridges, water projects, rail projects, power projects, refinery expansions, petrochemical units, pulp and paper mills, pharmaceutical plants, pipelines, dock construction, ocean terminals, offshore construction, or automated assembly lines.
- United States Citizenship.
- For Federal project assignment, 7 years of directly applicable experience with FAR/DFAR and other agency supplements as applicable, or other state or local contracting, bidding, and source selection practices depending on intended role is preferred.
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- CPCM, CCCM, or CCFM Certification from the National Contract Management Association (or other international equivalent) is desirable.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]