X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory. We are a diverse group of inventors and entrepreneurs who build and launch technologies that aim to improve the lives of millions, even billions, of people. Our goal: 10x impact on the world’s most intractable problems, not just 10% improvement. We approach projects that have the aspiration and riskiness of research with the speed and ambition of a startup.
Talent Systems + Process Automation + Operations
About the team:
X’s People and Culture team's mission is to empower all Xers and teams to achieve the transformative long-term growth needed to accelerate radical and inclusive innovation. We believe moonshot taking requires Xers to act in a way contrary to how most of society- especially adult working life teaches us to be : seeking risks (albeit smart ones), putting aside fears (e.g. of failure), and balancing short-term progress with longer term investment. The X People & Culture team designs and operates the structures that enable this growth. We are trusted thought partners to help make business-critical decisions while championing our greatest assets - our people and our culture.
About the role:
How might we bring the vision we have for our talent experience to life with insights, data, and cutting edge technology to support it?
X is looking for a Talent Operations Architect who will be responsible for the systems, analysis, insight generation and process improvement that enables the Talent Acquisition (TA) operate at maximum capacity. This role will require you to think big, roll up your sleeves, use data to guide your work, challenge convention, and then ground yourself in practicality to get things done. You’ll be collaborating with recruiting leadership, people operations, compensation, strategy, finance, and others across X. You are scrappy and resourceful, creative and driven -- and excited to share in the magic of working at X.
Half of your time will be spent on systems and technology operations, including building out new approaches and processes that link our systems. Other responsibilities will include architecting systems that resources and supporting vendor management, and the hand off of new Xers to our onboarding team. In this role, you leverage data that we gather as part of our hiring process to effectively tell stories and inspire change. Together with the TA team, you will inform current and new strategies, programs, and operations.
How you will make 10X Impact:
- Expertise in Excel or Google Sheets (e.g., index match, arrays, macros, scripts) for data analysis and reporting
- Design, iterate and own recruiting reporting infrastructure and operations with best in class funnel metrics and hiring forecasts; tease new meaning from the numbers and to strategically advise our recruiting team
- Build new hire compensation packages to attract top Xey talent, partnering closely with the Talent Acquisition team and Compensation lead
- Actively champion and support an equitable, inclusive, and diverse hiring process by establishing and maintaining consistent interview processes
- Seamlessly manage the Talent operations required to keep our processes running smoothly and iterate and pivot where necessary
- Ensure proper data security and integrity
- You will partner closely with the Talent Acquisition team to ensure a best in class candidate experience
Audacious skills and mindsets you bring:
- Creativity and competence in designing and developing metrics reporting, dashboards, trend analysis, and recommendations
- Experience with compensation analysis (or related experience) supporting HR
- A natural systems thinker, comfortable and curious, analyzing multiple data sources and combining relevant information to generate insights; create effective reporting solutions using SQL (e.g., dashboards, tables, metrics)
- Efficiency in executing, simplifying, and improving TA operations - experience in magic automation is a plus
- Investigative curiosity in analyzing data and can see beyond the numbers to influence decision making
- Demonstrated ability to keep information confidential and commitment to producing high-quality work
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure the right data is gathered and optimally structured to enable reporting, dashboards, and data analysis
It would be great if you also had these:
- A passionate interest in being a guardian of and contributor to X's culture
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Excellent customer service with a welcoming and helpful attitude
- High level of self-initiative, creativity, perseverance and flexibility
- Previous experience with supporting full-life-cycle recruiting
Location: Mt. View / San Francisco, CA
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: [ Link removed ] .
- Business Process Improvement
- Customer Service