Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as a Tendering Engineer.
We are currently looking specifically for Danish or Norwegian speaking candidates for these Nordic positions.
Join Schneider Electric and power your career! Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management. We hire individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. With a mission to make the most of our clients' energy, we can help solve the global energy dilemma by helping companies and individuals make more efficient use of the energy they already use. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
Customer First, dare to disrupt, learn every day, Embrace Different, Act like Owners
Our core values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
The role of our Tendering engineers is integral to how businesses win projects. As a key part of the sales and business development function, the role works across various business teams to bring together compelling, customer focused proposals and tender submissions to win business. As a Tendering engineer you will develop commercial capability, vital to businesses and valued across all our business sectors.
The role of the Tendering Engineer is to support new business through the full end to end proposal process – from initial identification of an opportunity by our front office sales team you will learn how to engage, manage and co-ordinate activities to support the pursuit of an opportunity, co-ordination of responses and final tender proposal documentation submission. The role involves providing support to all affiliated functions to assist the quality and timely completion of proposal submissions – including the design of the customer solution, using the Schneider tools and product portfolio, building cost sheets, organising meetings, structuring and writing proposal content, co-ordinating relevant activities and document management.
As a Tendering Engineer you will have the following skills and experience:
Context of bidding
- Understanding the sales life cycle and how it all fits together; from opportunity tracking/pipeline, customer engagement, competitive tendering, presentations, negotiations, contract award, implementation and delivery
Bid / proposal process
- Understand and follow a detailed proposal process from opportunity qualification/Request for Information (RFI) stage, solution development, cost analysis, bid resource allocation, proposal writing and development, production and submission
- Understand Schneider’s CPP Light (Customer Project Process) when to use appropriate supporting templates and procedures, ensuring necessary steps, reviews and signatories are planned prior to proposal submissions
- Understand how to assist in the dissection of a bid and identify the customer’s key requirements
- Understand the relevant customer key issues and win strategy for individual proposals/bids
- Understand cost build up
- Awareness of commercial and pricing positioning and frameworks – to best describe value versus cost
- Understand the importance of contract management and the key areas for risk and mitigation of contracts
- Awareness of the importance of handling data, confidentiality, data protection, competition law and relevant business commercial policy
- Know how and when to use sensitive and confidential information
- Maintaining relevant certificates for registrations, accreditations memberships, frameworks, records and subscriptions
Roles and responsibilities
of the bid team
- Understand the roles and responsibilities required for each bid and proposal lifecycle, identifying key stakeholders and managing the key actions to program manage the bid
What is required?
Organisation and planning
- Excellent organisational and time management skills to manage multiple activities simultaneously and prioritise own and others’ workloads
- Ability to meet defined deadlines and set own milestones to manage workload
- Ability to create and utilise a bid plan timetable and responsibility matrix,(RACI) supporting virtual team adherence to process
- Contribute to proposal project timetable including the timely collection of data from various parties including sub-contractors and internal subject experts
- Ability to meet bid submission deadlines according to guidelines / instructions
- Logging and capture of all proposal data in central repository
- Able to maintain a healthy work life balance and understand the reasons why it is important to do so
- Maintain compliance matrices to ensure compliance to all questions Capable of managing multiple projects and deadlines
Writing and editorial
- Ability to proofread with an eye for detail
- Good creative writing skills and good grammar/authoring- Level 2 English
- Excellent written & verbal skills in a Scandinavian language: Norwegian or Danis
- Technical knowledge ideally HNC or equivalent Electrical or Mechanical with basic electronic theory
- Strong mathematical skills- Level 2 Maths
- Collate proposal documents using library/information stores, search engines/corporate directories
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate professionally with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Liaise with sales/legal/finance teams and other virtual team members as necessary
- The importance of putting the customer first and tailoring bid documents to their needs, wants and requirements
Team working and relationship building
- Work and engage with colleagues and virtual teams, leveraging relationships and networks to support information gathering and writing
- Build relationships with colleagues and subject matter experts across the business, learning the ‘go to’ people and how to manage their input
- Build rapport and trust
What is required?
- A self-starter, with a desire to succeed
- Use initiative to ensure effective workload management, deadlines and co- ordination of activities
- Willing to work flexibly to ensure that workload is managed effectively, and deadlines are achieved
- Awareness of self and impact on others
- Able to work across large and virtual teams
- A drive to win
- A desire to go the extra mile to deliver winning bids
- Always acting professionally and ethically, protecting confidentiality of the organisation and customers.
- Willingness to continuously look for new and better ways of working, whilst considering the underlining best practice processes
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
[ Link removed ] offer to you:
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
- Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
- An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you!
- Attention To Detail
- Business Development
- Competition Law
- Contract Management
- Cost Benefit Analysis