Location: Valhalla, NY or Falls Church, VA (Hybrid/Remote)
We are seeking a Finance/Sales Analyst to provide due diligence and financial analysis for a wide range of distributed generation projects for government, commercial and industrial customers. The majority of the sales opportunities we pursue include solar PV, battery storage or a combination of the two. You will support the renewable energy business practice for the Sales line of business and collaborate with our Solar and Battery Storage project development teams to prepare optimal solutions for our customers.
You will have the opportunity to work with various teams across the organization (business development, project development, engineering) in order to conduct due diligence and financial analysis. You will have the opportunity to present this analysis to key members of the CEB team (including Executives) in support of sales proposals and competitive customer bids. In this position you will also interface with both existing and potential clients, in an effort to develop and grow our renewable business. This position will report directly to the Director of Sales and Renewable Programs and will contribute directly to the achievement of the company's financial and strategic goals.
We offer a very competitive salary with annual target bonus, 401k plan with company match, comprehensive benefit package, generous time off policy, matching Employee Stock Purchase Plan, excellent Tuition Aid Program and a collaborative working environment in a growing organization.
- Support the Director with financial planning and analysis to qualify and capture renewable energy sales opportunities
- Learn and create financial proformas for Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and other similar third-party ownership pricing structures
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative summaries to present to senior management for investment decisions
- Collaborate with internal and external teams in support of proposals, presentations and other renewable energy sales pursuits.
- Be familiar with state and federal renewable energy incentive and rebate programs
- Be familiar with and/or research renewable energy rules, regulations, and trends to help the team pursue and capture distributed generation opportunities
- Travel to customer engagements and attend renewable energy conferences /symposiums (approximately 5-10% of the time)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Marketing or related academic field
• 2+ years' of experience as a financial analyst
• Experience preparing and presenting financial models
• Familiarity with solar industry terms and contracting structures is a plus
• Strong quantitative skills (including financial modelings skills)
• Knowledgeable of Renewable Energy Credit (REC) market and Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS) is a plus
• Knowledge of battery energy storage is a plus
• Strong teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Be able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
• Ability to articulate complex issues through succinct, cohesive summaries and presentations.
• Self–starter, able to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
- Business Development
- Contract Management
- Financial Analysis