• Establish multiple-level contacts within assigned accounts by presenting to, consulting with, and cultivating
relationships at all buying levels
• Qualify companies and contacts to understand the customer’s key needs/challenges through identification,
discovery, planning and account/customer qualifications.
• Grow sales by successfully initiating client contacts, generate new leads, and follow up on assigned leads.
Identify profile and aggressively pursue new clients in the life sciences industry.
• Grow sales and follow-up leads into sales through professional key account management.
• Develop client specific presentations and contribute to the RFP response and proposal process, developing
appropriate win strategies based on your knowledge of the client.
• Work with marketing to formulate lead-generation plans that will lead to new revenue generation
• Participate in professional trade shows and clinical conferences, or the equivalent, (or as practically
possible), setting up client meetings, exhibit coverage and lead generation.
• Document communication/discussions and all opportunity details in SalesForce.com to ensure a tracked
record of existing correspondence and/or future next steps required.
• Utilize market knowledge and industry contacts to grow the Software business in line with agreed
commercial goals. This will include pursuing new product opportunities, identifying new contacts and
accounts, and broadening the range of business in existing accounts.
• Meet/exceed sales quota on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Follow Certara processes and best practices for properly working Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs)
• Document all activities (phone and email outreach) within our Salesforce Lightning CRM
Education, Experience, Training, and Knowledge:
• 7+ years as a business development manager, preferably within the pharmaceutical and enterprise B2B
• Master’s degree (in a science discipline) or advanced business degree preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• Attention to detail for capturing all sales interaction into Salesforce
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Ability to work in a high energy team environment
• Experienced in the MS Office suite (Excel/Word/PPT)
• Proven track record of high level of sales performance in a competitive, dynamic marketplace.
• Speaks fluent English
Certara bases all employment-related decision on merit, taking into consideration qualifications, skills, achievement, and performance. We treat all applicants and employees without regard to personal characteristics such as race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, nationality, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental condition, genetic information, military service, or other characteristic protected by law.
Business To Business
Customer Relationship Management