You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Telecommunications Technician (Maintenance)
Kent currently have an opportunity for an experienced Telecommunications Technician to join our onshore maintenance team, based in Darwin!
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the Job:
Kent is looking for an experienced Telecommunications Technician to work in our maintenance team supporting an onshore facility.. For this role, we are looking for someone with extensive oil & gas experience to join our team.
You will be an integral part of our respected and experienced Maintenance & Support team. We are able to offer you in this role ongoing support, training and career development opportunities, working day to day with colleagues who are the best in industry.
Candidates who can demonstrate their competence in completing maintenance tasks on high tech, complex communications equipment is required.
This role is Monday to Friday, working 9 hours per day based in Darwin .
Unfortunately if your experience is has been mainly NBN/ Telco, this isn't the role for you.
- Inspections of equipment (e.g. PAGA speakers, CCTV cameras, fans, filters, antennas, cables, terminations, junction boxes);
- Perform preventative, corrective and break/fix maintenance activities across the operational sites
- Coverage surveys (radio system coverage and PAGA system coverage);
- Redundancy/failover testing - to ensure that systems fail over to backup systems;
- Function testing - to ensure that the systems continue to operate as required; and
- Hazardous area equipment inspections and maintenance;
- Technicians shall also perform all administrative-related close-out tasks including:
- Update check sheets;
- Update computer-based records; and
- Return all tools, test equipment and spares to store.
Experience in several of the following systems is a requirement:
- Safety Systems (PAGA, Access control, E-mustering, CCTV); or
- Radio Systems (DGPS, Tetra, VHF, WIMAX, Microwave).
Education and Skills
- Certificate III Electronics & Communications (essential), Cert IV (preferred)
- Working at Heights, Low Voltage Rescue, EWP, First Aid, Confined Space training (preferred)
- ACMA cabling license
- Restricted Electrical License (advantageous)
- TBOSIET including HUET training (Advantageous)
- REL / EEHA- all modules including Detailed Inspection (Advantageous)
If this sounds like the role you've been looking for, apply today!
Kent | The Energy Within
- Access Controls
- Confined Spaces
- First Aid And Preparedness
Job ID: 5333