Vacancy details General information Organisation
Since its creation, SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to turn work into energy and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves everyday to live projects as adventures, in which risk-taking never exceeds preparation.
Thanks to their energy, and the most extensive range of services available on the market, from Oil & Gas industry to Pharmaceutical industry, we assist our clients from engineering phase of their projects to operations.
Our presence is sustainable in over 40 countries.
We are continuously seeking to renew ourselves.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution.
We are committed in a strong CSR approach and diversity takes part of our priorities. Reference
2018-6864 Position descriptionJob title
Construction Supervisor (Electrical) M/FContract
Full timeContract duration
1 year Employee Status
We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Qatar for a: Profile
Construction Supervisor (Electrical)
This is an opportunity for you to be responsible for supervision of construction works executed by contractors to ensure Department's assigned projects are constructed in accordance with the approved Scope of Work, engineering design, QHSE standards & specifications. Review and provide comments on construction method statements, material submittals, commissioning procedures from start of construction of projects till completion and handover to end users. Responsible as performing authority for Permit to Work by the Contractors.
Your main duties will be to:-
- Supervise the site construction/installation of work of relevant engineering disciplines of assigned Construction contracts and ensure that the work is carried out in safe manner and in compliance with Scope of Work, approved Engineering Standards and Specifications.
- Participate in constructability reviews as and when required.
- Review contractors' construction plans and schedules including method statements and JSAs.
- Coordinate and control the mobilization of contractors to sites including site lay down areas.
- Facilitate issuance of necessary permits and Gate passes when requested by Contractors.
- Check, inspect and test completed project work and/or arrange appropriate pre-commissioning inspections and tests. Initiate Mechanical Completion Certificates.
- Ensure and follow up completion and clearance of all Punch List items.
- Review and endorse red marked up and 'as built' drawings.
- Participate in hand-over and acceptance, review commissioning procedures and participate in the commissioning of facilities.
- Review and endorse Construction Dossier for the assigned projects.
- Responsible for the execution of construction and installation scope associated with the project, on time and as per approved Scope of Work, specifications and standards.
- Responsible for timely issuance of PTW, direct and supervise contractor's Construction Team to ensure adherence to the PTW conditions.
- Review and subsequently endorse site work progress by the contractors.
Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized University or Diploma with extensive construction experience in supervision of MEP (Electrical) Works related to high rise building projects.Candidate criteriaMinimum level of education required
A minimum of twelve (12) years' experience as Site Engineer MEP (Electrical) Works related to high-rise buildings.
Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and systems, processes and standards related to construction.
Good skills in construction management and leadership, team building, ,effective communication and conflict resolution.
You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity. All our positions are suitable for disabled people.
E-Bachelor or equivalentMinimum level of experience required
10 years or moreLanguages
English (C-Professional working proficiency)