Manafacturing Engineering Manager - BAE Systems - 6 Month Contract - Radway Green, Crewe - £27.33ph PAYE or £34.99ph UMB (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
* Manage and Develop site Manufacturing Engineering resource and competency.
* Governance of Manufacturing Engineering in support of site Operations, ensuring all Operations processes are carried out in a safe manner with process risks ALARP.
* Responsible Engineering Manager for Operations Process Changes.
* Deploy Manufacturing Engineering resource to the best effect for the business.
* Drive and support the identification and resolution of process and product issues within Operations, relating to Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
* Drive and support the development and ongoing maintenance of Basis of Safety documentation and implementation of necessary controls.
* Assure manufacturing Process Safety through identification of process risks and implementation of the necessary controls to ensure risks are As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
* Co-ordinate the initiation and management of Engineering Change Control within Operations.
* Ensure Manufacturing Engineering employee competence is defined, recorded, and monitored.
* Provide recruitment and training to address any capability gaps as appropriate.
* Provide mentoring and career development to Manufacturing Engineering employees.
* Review and optimize systems of working relating to the function (Incl. BMS procedures and policy)
* Proactively review function performance and maintain action plans for function development.
* Proactively energize and engage the function through Leadership, Communication, and Support.
* Support and energise employees across the business to implement their own improvement ideas.
Functional Knowledge* Science or Engineering degree or equivalent - Manufacturing / Electrical / Mechanical
* Recognised qualification in management - ILM Level 3 or higher equivalent
* NEBOSH certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
* 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment of a similarly highly controlled nature
(aerospace, automotive, nuclear, pharma, medical devices, etc.)
* 5+ years experience in a leadership role, responsible for output and leadership of direct reports
* Knowledge of working production environments safety critical aspects and compliances
* Knowledge of the Business Management System and experience producing policy and procedures
* Ability to liaise with regulatory and government related bodies
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent numeracy and mechanical comprehension
Leadership (Requirements of the job for providing leadership and guidance to others)
* Providing leadership and management to sub-teams
* Coaching and mentoring of teams and individuals, leading by example
* Empowering and supporting individuals in management of their individual workloads and priorities
* Lead improvements to methods of working, and encourage others to do the same
* Provide robust oversight of manufacturing and manufacturing engineering activity
* Coaching and mentoring of teams and individuals both within and beyond direct reporting structure
* Energising others to engage in and/or support improvement activities and empowering individuals to identify and implement their own improvements
Problem Solving (Breadth of mental skills required in order to perform the job)
* Ability to assess immediate business priorities; assign resource to resolve process and technical issues to ensure maximum capability is achieved with minimal process down time.
* Liaise with maintenance and the engineering department to review equipment availability and ensure maximum asset availability in support of operations.
* Manage, implement and sustain Lean Manufacturing techniques, facilitate process CI activities to achieve business effectivity goals and support the reduction in cost to quality targets.
* Ability to manage and co-ordinate stakeholders across various functions
- Manufacturing Engineering