Vacancy details General information Organisation
Since its creation, SPIE Oil & Gas Services mission as a service company has been to turn work into energy and vice versa.
Over 3,000 engineers and technicians dedicate themselves everyday to live projects as adventures, in which risk-taking never exceeds preparation.
Thanks to their energy, and the most extensive range of services available on the market, from Oil & Gas industry to Pharmaceutical industry, we assist our clients from engineering phase of their projects to operations.
Our presence is sustainable in over 40 countries.
We are continuously seeking to renew ourselves.
Our clients are the catalyst of our evolution.
We are committed in a strong CSR approach and diversity takes part of our priorities. Reference
2018-6949 Position descriptionJob title
Senior Cost Engineer M/FContract
Full timeContract duration
1 year Employee Status
We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Qatar for a: Profile
Senior Cost Engineer
This is an opportunity for you to be responsible and perform Cost Engineering, Budgeting and Invoicing activities necessary to achieve the successful execution and timely delivery of all projects executed by Engineering Department(s) under Projects Engineering & Procurements Services (PEPS) Directorate.
Your main duties will be to:-
- Develop cost estimates across the Project Lifecycle which includes Budgetary I Capital Cost Estimates, Corporate Cost Estimates for Tenders and Work Change Requests (WCR), Cost Impacts of the Change Impact Note (GIN) and review I evaluation of estimate of Technical Deviation Requests (TOR) submitted by Contractor.
- Prepare Schedule of Prices (Cost Breakdown Structure) and Unit Rates in coordination with Sr. Planning Engineer, Sr. Project Engineer and Sr. Contracts Engineer as part of Appendix-B of Tender document.
- Act as a key member of the Commercial Evaluation Team responsible for cost evaluation of tenders. Conduct commercial evaluation of Contractor submissions for tenders, Work Change Requests (WCR), Technical Deviation Requests (TDRs) and Claims. PrepareCost Evaluation Report which forms the basis of the Commercial Evaluation submission to Tender Committee.
- Timely preparation of Budget I Budget Revision I AFE and upload Cost Budget Profile (CSP) in SAP. Provide justification for budget variance as required.
- Monitoring and reporting of Cost Status Report of projects executed by Engineering Department (s) under PEPS Directorate, including Approved Changes, Potential Changes (e.g. change requests,variation order requests. technical deviation requests, etc.), Claims and Estimate At Completion (cost forecast).
- Create Release Order (RO) of contracts executed by the Engineering Department(s) under PEPS Directorate.
- Create Service Entry Sheets (SES) relating to monthly VOWD based on estimated progress and milestone achievement inputs and gross value invoice value provided by Planning Engineer.
- Review of Contractor Invoices for correctness based on progress/milestone achievement inputs and gross invoice value provided by Planning Engineer and Schedule of Prices and compliance with Contract payment terms and conditions. Create Service Entry Sheets (SES) as required for processing Contractor's Invoice in SAP Electronic Invoice Process (EIP). Maintain Contractor Invoice Register.
- Conduct project commercial close out activities, including preparation of Statement of Final Account (SFA), review of Asset Capitalization Schedule, and provide inputs to the project close-out report.
- Contribute to the development and standardization of Cost Estimation Process in PEPS Directorate. Review and provide input to various Cost Engineering Procedures I Work
Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering. Preferably Certified PMP and/or Certified Cost Engineer and/or Certified Estimating Professional from AACE or equivalent relevant Certifications/Memberships.Candidate criteriaMinimum level of education required
Preferably Master of Business Administration or CFA/ACCA or any business certificates.
Minimum Twelve (12) years of experience in project engineering with 5 years specific experience in Cost Engineering of Projects mainly in the Oil and Gas and Infrastructure related Industries.
Experience includes Cost Estimation, Budgeting, Cost Analysis, Cost Trending, Cost Forecasting, Cost Reporting & Control and Invoice processing.
Conversant with international Cost Estimation Software(s).
You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office.
You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity. All our positions are suitable for disabled people.
E-Bachelor or equivalentMinimum level of experience required
10 years or moreLanguages
English (C-Professional working proficiency)