UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company committed to delivering reliable, safe and affordable energy to our 700,000 customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and 1 county in Maryland. We pride ourselves on being a responsive, engaging energy company. The foundation of our success lies in the strength of our 1,700 plus employees who strive to exceed the expectations of our customers and the communities we serve every day.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance
- disability plans
- 401(k) matched savings plan
- paid vacation
- company stock purchase program
- wellness programs
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid volunteer time
- adoption assistance
They must be capable of handling Utility work such as turn on`s, meter changes, leak investigations, working in confined spaces, and basic pipe fitting. The individual will be responsible for emergency response when qualified. The schedule is a rotating schedule of all applicable shifts. They may be called upon to perform any other work as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meter turn on, turn offs, leak investigations, meter changes
- Basic pipefitting
- Emergency Response when qualified
- Perform other work as directed once qualified
- Working in confined spaces
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Physically capable of handling Utility work
- Skilled knowledge of Utility practices and techniques related to the Utility work
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work with supervision and coworkers
- Demonstrate mechanical aptitude
Education and Experience
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
License/Certifications: PA Driver’s License
Experience: 2 yrs.
UGI Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with UGI policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, UGI cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
Pipe (Fluid Conveyance)