EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Part-Time Maintenance TechnicianJob Summary:
Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshoots and repairs commercial property by self- performing or coordinating subcontracting of the following dutiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventive maintenance work orders according to schedule.
- Executes all work in safe and professional manner by completing all work accurately and on time.
- Light electrical skills. Emergency lights, exit signs, lamp sweeps.
- Maintains and repairs plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
- Maintains and repairs interior and exterior finishes of buildings.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim, generally touch ups and repairs
- Operate scissor or boom lifts, and work from ladders to replace light bulbs and to hang banners.
- Completes and submits paperwork accurately and on time.
- Keeps facilities clean in appearance, removing trash as required.
- May perform landscape maintenance and other duties as needed.
- HS Diploma; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- One to 2 years mechanical experience, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, required.
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 4PM to 9PM
- Scissor or Boom lift experience and certification preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Manages time wisely, remains productive while working independently.
- Works required hours. Is available during non-work hours as needed and responds to emergency calls in a timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with client to determine and service needs.
Freehold Raceway Mall
3710 Route 9 Suite 1000
Freehold, NJ 07728
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The associate is routinely required to work at heights while using lifts and ladders too.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Practical And Pragmatic