The System Integrator (SI) Business Development Manager will own the strategy that will drive Emerson revenue and market share within the SI community throughout North America. The mission is to develop key relationships and programs that drive specification and mindshare that will ensure long-term sustainable growth for the business.
This role is the primary interface between Emerson Machine Automation Solutions, our Channel Partners, and the System Integrator community. This role will collaborate with Product Management, Marketing, Territory Managers, and Channel Partners as appropriate. AS A BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Direct and coordinate activities day-to-day to promote the Sale and Support of Products and Solutions, to achieve budgeted sales/profit, costs, financial metrics, and Customer Satisfaction including complete Opportunity Funnel Management including driving specifications, opportunity creation, lead response, etc.
- Develop, propose and implement the strategy to gain market share and improve leadership within North America System Integrators. This includes competitive analysis of strategy and products, services and selling techniques, market trends, internal technical needs & capabilities, strategic accounts, strategic alliances.
- Constantly monitor target market, identify new business opportunities, and propose and drive action plans to optimize Emerson market penetration.
- Identify strategic accounts and lead the implementation of specific plans to become a supplier of choice within the assigned vertical.
- Collaborate with the regional sales team to optimize resources and create a can-do-attitude; promote a pro-active business culture and increase motivation.
- Partner with marketing to develop a best-in-class marketing program, raising the perception of Emerson.
- Enhance and deploy the opportunities pipeline to increase market understanding and visibility; develop and manage the use of project tracking tools: collaborate and coordinate with sales team activities to maximize total opportunities and efficiencies.
- Direct and coordinate preparation of business forecasts; contributes to 3 to 5-year strategic growth plans.
- Report performance on monthly basis (and on request) with analysis of results in different dimensions (region, sector, accounts, products, applications) measure against short and long-term objectives; regularly track and update plans.
- Develop executive-level relationships with strategic customers and decision-makers and actively participate in relevant associations; routinely conducts customer visits.
- Collaborate with marketing to identify gaps within the product offering; creating a new product funnel that will allow Emerson to take a best-in-class position.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field plus 6 years of experience; or Master's degree plus 5 years of experience in a related field.
- Engineering knowledge sufficient to make judgments involving complex engineering and calculations to persuade potential buyers of the practical value of the product and service
- Knowledge and understanding of company products
- Strong outside technical sales background
- Experience with industrial processes, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and systems integration (SI)
- Travel up to 50% may be required throughout North America.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Sales experience with System Integrators
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay a competitive base salary, within the local market in which we operate, and reward performance during the annual merit review process. In accordance with Colorado EPEWA, the salary range for this role is $105,000 to $167,000 annually, commensurate with the skills, talent, capabilities, and experience each candidate brings to this role. There is also bonus potential.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.