At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our built environment work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration and drive the next great discovery for humanity.
Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
URL blocked - click to apply
The right candidate will further strengthen our existing Building Services offering, through their proven ability to support complex projects, to foster team and client relationships, and to support repeat and future work-winning through successful project delivery and exceeding our clients’ expectations.
Based in our Melbourne team, this role will focus on supporting projects in Victoria – but brings exciting opportunities to connect to and serve our broader Jacobs buildings practice across ANZ and beyond. This role within our dynamic, collaborative and highly-skilled team offers the right candidate unbounded opportunities to grow their career – and to make an enduring impact through a senior role key in delivering the challenging and exciting Social Infrastructure, Transportation and Defence projects that serve and connect our communities.
- Undertake professional engineering project work involving Electrical Services design, drawings, specifications and reports
- Support the Building Services section in successful delivery of URL blocked - click to apply projects
- Work closely with project team members, including attendance at meetings, workshops, coordination sessions and professional communication and correspondence
- Work closely with discipline team members, including actively seeking and providing mentoring and guidance with other engineers in the team
- Support repeat work-winning through strong performance and successful delivery of projects
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical) or equivalent, plus applicable registrations
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant industry experience preferred
- Detailed knowledge and experience in Electrical discipline, with basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Lighting design proficiency both internal and external spaces preferred
- Understand and apply discipline codes, standards and legislation
- Ability to solve complex problems and take a new perspective using existing solutions
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, showing resilience, emotional composure, self-management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (spoken and written)
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating commitment to achieve group objectives
- Positive attitudes to work
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
We live Inclusion’ is a key value at Jacobs, we are an equal opportunity employer and encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. First Nations community members are strongly encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete pre-employment checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to complete these checks or meet the associated criteria, then your offer of employment may be delayed or withdrawn.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
- Self Motivation
- Attention To Detail
- Hardworking And Dedicated