Emerson is looking for highly motivated individuals to join a global test automation team using up-to date technologies to deliver the needed tools and automated tests for asset performance software platform. As a Test Automation Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for the development and implementation of different products and applications. You will be involved in the design, development and maintenance of test frameworks, components and tools that are needed to perform software testing. You will also be an active participant in design reviews and code reviews.
The ideal candidate should have solid software development experience with an aptitude for testing. Experience in test-driven software development is an advantage
- Understand and analyze existing software
- Design and implement test code; mindset is about breaking & writing code that will draw out cases that disrupt the end-user and his workflow
- Create frameworks to enable developers to test for themselves at all levels of the development process and actively participate in designing the product codebase, recommending program structure, design, and coding style that lends itself to better unit testing
- Develop test plans and test automation that support the validation of software services.
- From a testability and quality standpoint, make decisions optimized for a broad view of the entire product, considering all of its features
- Utilize quality, framework and automation knowledge to contribute to the organizations exciting DevOps transformation
- Develop and code medium and large integration tests and work on central test infrastructure and assist software developers with specific unit-testing issues
- Participate in reviewing code written by software developers
- Work effectively with Project Managers and Feature Developers to ensure product quality, predictability and delivery.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate high energy and drive in achieving the desired results.
- Passion for efficiency and ensuring quality. Focusing on the product testing tasks that, if automated, would results in the most efficiency gains.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion or very high level of interest in ensuring Quality
- Loves to find bugs and to automate anything and everything
- Actual experience in Test-driven-development (TDD) or utilizing any kind of test automation framework
- Knowledge of PowerShell and general scripting languages
- Experience in VMs and Containers
- Experience with API testing
- Experience in Web based technologies
- Knowledge or experience in DevOps
- Experience working with databases such as MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle etc
- Extensive understanding of object-oriented design, patterns, and development
- Experience with messaging technologies such as MSMQ, AMQP, MQTT, RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus, or NServiceBus preferred
- Experience with version control systems such Team Foundation Server or Git preferred
- Performance Test Automation and experience with systems / networking / troubleshooting in general
- Expertise in popular test automation tools (specifically Ranorex)
- Experience in Agile Software Development is a BIG PLUS
- Experience with cloud-based applications using Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services preferred (with more emphasis on Security)
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Amazon Web Services