X-energy is an entrepreneurial Gen IV nuclear power plant and fuel design company that recently signed an award winning $2,500,000,000.00/ 7 year agreement with the US Department of Energy to complete the design, licensing and construction of its compellingly safe and revolutionary design. We are aggressively staffing up with the world's most ambitious and devoted talent who share our vision of providing carbon-free, safe energy to prevent destructive global warming. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work for a company intent upon dominating the free market by compelling its selection as the premier nuclear energy power plant of choice around the world for the 21st Century!
The Formatting Editor role will work with project directors, project managers, and other technical team members to create standardized templates for X-Energy proposals, reports, analyses, diagrams, forms, and internal/external communications. This role will serve as a back up to the Technical Editor. Will also create standardized formats for documents including table of contents, captions, indexes, custom fields, and merged information.
- Create and manage the design and format of X Energy templates, different document versions and requests for new templates and updates to the formats of existing documents.
- Develop advanced templates, drawings, diagrams, tables, and charts to help preparers convey concepts and ideas including the formatting of external document links.
- Provide feedback to document preparers in a timely fashion with clear communication on the details that need to be edited including suggestions for explaining scientific and technical ideas in clear and concise language.
- Support document preparers with creating custom Word elements, building blocks, macros, and custom style sets.
- Assist project managers/teams develop and compile proposals, progress reports, and communications.
- Maintain documentation and database of reports, documents, and proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum 2 years of experience in technical document creation and writing.
- Certification as a Microsoft Word Expert (MOS 2016) is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, strong technical editing and document management skills, and editorial and quality assurance experience.
- Advanced skills with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft applications for document layout, graphics, and production.
- Team player with the ability to simultaneously handle multiple requests with short deadlines.
- An interest in or foundational knowledge of engineering and/or the energy industry preferred, but not required.
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm, Mon-Fri
We are looking to fill this position immediately
X Energy, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome the employment of women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in our workforce. If you are in need of special assistance, please contact our Human Resources Department. X Energy, LLC participates in eVerify.
- Document Layout Analysis
- Quality Assurance