Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
We have a great opportunity for the right person to join our UK team in Telford as a Project Engineer.
You will have the opportunity to work with our customers after the tendering stage, connect to them and carry out site surveys to make ensure we can provide the best solution to their requirements. You will create and work on the required engineered drawings and once approved, you will liaise with our internal teams to order the necessary equipment.
Please note that the role involves UK wide traveling as the project stages require.
- Work on the overall management of allocated projects from Bid Management via the Operations Manager
- Have complete control of projects from handover from Bid Management / Ops Manager to satisfactory completion
- Be the point of contact for internal customers and other external parties
- Document control of Project Plan, Drawing and Technical Submittals, SAP, Contractual correspondence and Variations to contracts and the timely submission of accurate information to limit Contract Liabilities
- Manage the financial implications of the project through Contract Reviews, Maximising Project Profit Margins
- Manage the risk plan, with regular reviews, advising management of any significant changes. If needed identify and manage risks with both customer and the team
- Develop and maintain risk assessments and method statements for all site work activity
- Provide technical assistance to the customer, carry out Site Survey as and when required
- Manage Customer requested variations to aid Schneider margins whilst also satisfying the customers’ requests
- Undertake project reviews with the internal and external team members to ensure the original project requirements
- Post project evaluations and Learning enhancement
- Ensure the Project Management System (SAP) is fully updated in all relevant modules, consistent Financial forecast, reduced debt
- Qualified to degree level or similar in relevant discipline (Engineering and/or Business) but please note that candidates with equivalent level of experience will also be considered
- Be able to demonstrate related work experience and a strong track record in customer project delivery where you had to manage internal and external customer expectations
- Previous experience and training on Revit, Naviswork, Autocad and Canbrass
- Able to demonstrate experience of proactive continuous improvement of processes and activities to support business growth, digitisation and simplification
- Ability to develop engineering solutions from concept through to site commissioning and witnessing
- Be able to build a good customer relationship, and a strong collaboration with sales team for change order management team
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- A keen learner with a positive attitude to solve problems and collaborate with others
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is a must, another language would be valuable
- Hold a full driving license and right to work in the UK
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
[ Link removed ] offer to you:
- You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and attractive development opportunities
- Flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life
- Optimal support on your career path through regular training opportunities
- A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working with a global energised team
- A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
- An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit
- Bid Management
- Business Process Improvement