At Jacobs, we're not just building structures, we're helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world.
Our Mechanical Engineers provide technically complex and robust mechanical systems to support mission-critical environments, including data centers, command/control facilities, administrative spaces and central plants. You will work with other in-house design professionals to create more reliable, sustainable, and resilient facilities for our clients. Our projects bring innovative solutions to our clients’ needs both locally and worldwide.
Your daily job function will include one or more of the following:
- Prepare studies and planning reports for new initiatives
- Prepare load analysis for initial and ongoing stages of design
- Prepare and analyze CFD studies using Six Sigma
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms using Trane TRACE and Carrier HAP
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed utilizing AutoCAD and REVIT
- Prepare basis of design analyses and reports for each project
- Select and specify equipment
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
- Review construction shop drawings and respond to RFI’s.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering (ME focus)
- US Citizenship
- 5 years of experience in the design of building electrical systems
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Secret security clearance
- 10%-15% travel time expected with occasional trips of 1 to 2 weeks, including international travel
Ideally, you'll also have:
- PE licensure
- Active TS security clearance
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ] .
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit