Requisition ID: 117439
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Data Services
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
The data services team is the technical arm of Kiewit data services and is primarily focused on building PowerApps, Python scripts and data sets. Power Apps will be used to enable integration and capturing additional data that will help in future analytics and efficiencies. Python scripts will be used to move and integrate data for our data scientist and to apply data quality rules to ensure accuracy of data.
Kiewit Data Services’ (KDS) mission is to make Kiewit the premier data-driven organization in our industry. To accomplish this, our projects and districts need to have the right data, of the right quality, with the right level of analysis, available to them at the right time. KDS is a cross functional organization with employees that have expertise in data, technology, support and operations backgrounds. Our core functions are data Quality, Governance, Enablement, Analytics and Data Science.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Business Center at 12720 I Street. This is a shared service center in a professional office setting.
Develop Analytics Content – Your primary responsibility will be to develop curated data sets and reports within our database and on Power BI Service. You will also promote and share the availability of this content as well as best practices using Power BI and other tools to work with this content.
• Analyze Business requirements by collaborating with business analyst, product owner and stakeholders.
• Design and develop using Power BI, SQL, and Python
• Develop high quality low code solution with quick turnaround time.
• Provide guidance on usage of Power BI to connect and build from curated data sets
• Sharing Analytics Best Practices with our Center of Excellence Community
• Staying current with new tools and techniques as they get released by Microsoft.
• Staying current with python programming techniques.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
• 1+ years’ experience creating datasets and visualizations using Power BI
• 1+ years’ writing ANSI SQL on Microsoft SQL server (both on prem and azure).
• 1+ years’ using Teradata SQL preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.