Requisition ID: 125881
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Business Management
Employment Type: Full Time
As the Document Control Manager, you will manage and lead the document control team for a major transportation infrastructure project. You will be responsible for establishing document flow and distribution for design and construction teams at the project office.
Ensure all practices and procedures meet the project document retention requirements and perform periodic audits to ensure ongoing compliance. Implement procedures to ensure the timely processing of documentation to meet the established delivery dates. Collecting and logging in of all contract documents and project documentation from bid phase through project completion. Reproducing, distributing, storing, and retrieval of documentation.
Eastern Canada District's projects include highways, bridges, mass transit, mine site development & open pit operations, hydroelectric powerhouses, wind-power plants, dams & industrial. The serve the construction and mining industries and operates in Eastern Canada.
This position is in Toronto, ON
- Manage the organization and maintenance of an electronic document control and document management system
- Develop and implement specific procedures and processes for receiving and date‐stamping incoming documents, logging, distribution, filing, review, approval and distribution
- Optimize document control processes to minimize double handling of information or manual entry of data
- Actively work towards improving and/or developing departmental procedures, workflows, and templates. Demonstrate commitment to quality assurance.
- Establish the interface with any client or partner document management system(s)
- Provide training to project team on document control tools and processes to ensure compliance with the project document control management plan
- Supervise, mentor, and develop junior and intermediate document control staff
- Lead any modifications required to customize the document control and document management system to meet project requirements.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure that all documentation is processed as per the project schedule.
- Manage deadlines and ensure appropriate communication is provided (to relevant parties) when schedule conflicts arise.
- Participate in all 3rd Party / internal audits as required, being fully cognizant of appropriate plans, policies and procedures and respond effectively to requests for corrective actions.
- Maintenance of controlled drawing sets
- Establish engineering/document files in accordance with records retention standards
- Assembly and compilation of handover package(s) per project requirements.
- Other duties
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in document management, preferably in a leadership or supervisory role, in an engineering and/or construction environment is an asset
- Experience with assembling documentation for project close-out and handover
- Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) experience (strongly preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of document control procedures and filing and record retention systems
- Basic understanding of standard engineering practices.
- Administrator experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Projectwise, Aconex, Teambinder or any equivalent document control software.
- Ability to work autonomously and with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines.
- Superior organizational and time-management skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Decision and problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to multi-task and efficiently respond to changing priorities
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
- Enterprise Document Management System
- Time Management
- Complex Problem Solving
- Asset Management