We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
The Center of Excellence Electrical is responsible to develop electrical products from Detailed Design stage till the Serial Go. Within the Center of Excellence Electrical (COEE), located in TOULOUSE, we are looking for an Electrical Project Planning Manager.
Purpose of the job:
- Working in close collaboration with an Electrical Project Manager and/or a Senior PrPM, owner of time management topic for his area
- Providing proper time management information to support decisions making to reach expected OTD performance of the project (tender, contract or program execution)
- Responsible to develop and maintain the project schedule for his area
- Manage efficiently planning deliverable issuance.
- Facilitate the synchronization of internal stakeholders
- Functionally reporting to Electrical Project Manager, hierarchically to CoEE Head of Projects
During contract or program execution:
- Contribute to the Project Time Management Plan defined by Electrical Project Manager.
- Build the project schedule for his area based on internal Breakdown Structure, contractual targets and data provided by all stakeholders incl. Design for Quality Gate Reviews.
- Participate to the validation of the project baseline
- Ensure the consistency of all the internal and external Stakeholders commitments, and manages the schedules interfaces,
- Perform schedule analysis & trade-offs to close identified gaps or schedule issues
- Highlight/Escalate when necessary deviations to the initial plan to the Electrical Project Manager
- Organize and lead periodic project schedule sessions for his area,
- Provide a timely updated schedule situation highlighting the gap between the actual and the baseline,
- Focus on early identification of potential delays (critical paths) including the status on risks and margin related to schedule
- Prepare schedule and progress reports,
- Provide support to Electrical Project Manager on all issues related to sub-system project schedule,
- Support Electrical Project Manager for the Variation Orders (VO) preparation, mainly for schedule impacts.
- Apply the Project Scheduling Process
- Promote time management practices awareness in the project team
- Contribute to the return of experience (REX) and improvements, share best practices
- Promote CoEE way of working and accelerate understanding of electrical products development process
- Use REX and best practices deployed to contribute to CoEE processes improvement
- Permanently think how to contribute to improve leadtime to develop products (continuous improvement approach)
- Engineering degree
- 3 years of experience in Project Planning management in a similar industry
- Project management and industrial background
- Project scheduling processes & knowledge of different scheduling tools
- Capable to anticipate issues and to be proactive
- Ability to prioritize and to work effectively under pressure to meet the deadline
- Able to work in an international, multi-sites and matrix organization structure
- Background in electrical components, electrical products developments, wirings, …is a plus
Competencies & Skills
- Agility to juggle with schedules simulations, various scenarios, and changing project goals
- Be able to challenge sub-system team and highly proactive in proposing solutions
- Team spirit & Collaborative management
- Rigorous, structured and sense of anticipation
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills, excellent team worker
- Very good command of spoken and written French and English
- Basic overall knowledge of railway products, and good knowledge of the Sub-Systems
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Agile Methodology
- Business Process Improvement
- Electrical Wirings
- Electronics Manufacturing