Essential Job Responsibilities
- Maintain, service, and set up equipment on site as required;
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical issues as they arise;
- May be required to deliver hotshot requests and install equipment on site;
- Keep open communication with engineers, rig personnel, and supervisors;
- Maintain strong business relationship with all clients and stakeholders;
- Responding to customer calls in a prompt and efficient manner;
- Diagnose problems and advise operators on how to properly maintain equipment
- Maintain records of services performed;
- Adherence to all NOV policies and procedures (vehicle, safety, correspondence, housekeeping);
- Represent NOV in a professional manner at all times;
- Upon supervisor request, you will be required to work in the shop occasionally;
- Frequent travel is required;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- 6 months to one year oilfield experience preferred.
- H2S, Standard First Aid;
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
- Integrity and Trust;
- Customer Focus;
- Dealing with Ambiguity;
- Drive For Results;
- Ethics and Values;
- Action Oriented;
- Functional/Technical Skills.
- Shop environment orientation (exits, fire extinguishers, first aid & eyewash stations, spill kits, propane storage) and yard environment (building locations, processes);
- Standing, walking, squatting, bending, reaching, and walking (further details to be reviewed on JHA);
- Office environment;
- Ergonomic training;
- Training on proper usage of PPE if exposed to noise, dust and fumes.
This job description is subject to change without notice. This description is intended to explain the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks, and skills required, for people in this position.
Preferred method of application and to view all opportunities visit: [ Link removed ]
National Oilwell Varco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind: NOV is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. National Oilwell Varco values inclusion and diversity; we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
With over 40 different locations in Canada, and 30,000 people worldwide, NOV is proud to offer their employees competitive pay and excellent benefits, Health Spending account and employer paid premiums. We are also proud to provide on the job training, with potential for advancement within our organization and an Educational Assistance Program
National Oilwell Varco thanks all interested applicants, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
- Business Relationship Management
- Dealing With Ambiguity
- First Aid And Preparedness
- Oil Fields
- Problem Solving