What is the Role?
A Sustainability Analyst is required to join the SSEN Transmission team.
The role involves the following:
1. Contributing to SSEN Transmission's strategic thinking around the transition to net zero, including how this can be achieved in a socially fair and just way.
2. Provide expert technical support in the delivery of our business RIIO-T2 Sustainability Action Plan.
3. Project Management and delivery of projects related to supply chain sustainability, social and economic contribution and carbon reduction.
4. Leading on the production of issue specific sustainability reports and communications (including blogs, news releases, events and social media content).
5. Implement new business processes and approaches to deliver the sustainability benefits and planning for a decarbonised energy future.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
1. A highly developed understanding of the commercial importance of Sustainability, Supply Chain and ESG issues to businesses.
2. Capability to effectively manage and remain flexible while delivering many different projects.
3. Degree educated in an analytical discipline or previous relevant work experience in a similar role.
4. Experience in report writing, good attention to detail and strong numerical ability and data proficiency, including experience in excel or other modelling systems.
5. Experience in the quantification of sustainability impacts such as carbon, wider environment, social and economic contribution.
6. Experience in influencing business change and change management.
About our Business
[ Link removed ] owns and operates the electricity transmission network in the north of Scotland, transporting energy from where it is generated to where it is needed, providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to the communities it serves. Home to some of the UK's greatest resources of renewable energy, SSEN Transmission is playing a critical role in the transition to a low carbon future, developing, building, maintaining and operating a network for net zero.
Life at SSE
If you're considering a career with us, you're probably wondering what's in it for you? From health and wellness to finances and family, we're proud of our [ Link removed ] which includes 34 days holiday (plus the option to buy additional days), enhanced maternity and paternity leave, discounted healthcare and a wide range of offers via our SSE Advantage scheme.
At SSE we're proud to celebrate difference. We all have different skills, experience and backgrounds and we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. We take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an [ Link removed ] for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application and assessment process, and upon joining SSE.
All applications should be submitted online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working differently requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact [ Link removed ] or 0141 224 7197
Before commencing employment with SSE, you'll be required to fully complete our pre-employment screening process consisting of a basic criminal records and credit check.
Advertised: 16 Mar 2021 GMT Standard Time
Applications close: 18 Apr 2021 GMT Daylight Time
[ Link removed ]