Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Linde, Inc, a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at [ Link removed ] .
The Applications Development Specialist is responsible for technical design, maintenance, and development of Oracle R12 applications and Oracle OBIEE.
Applications Development Specialist
- Supports information systems by developing, installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and monitoring systems; may present findings and make recommendations to internal and/or business management
- Participates in a team environment to plan, develop, test, modify and evaluate information systems
- Participates on projects that have national/global impact
- Participates in the design/support of existing applications
- Evaluates and develops system modifications to reduce user problems
- Assists in development of IT quality controls, security, and maintenance of IT documentation
- Conducts usability testing to validate new information and application designs
- Assists in development and delivery of training classes and self-study materials
- Effectively communicates with all levels of management
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience
- Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, SQL, PL/SQL and tuning skills
- Systems analysis, design and a solid understanding of development, quality assurance and integration methodologies
- Oracle Applications Framework
- Oracle APEX
- Java Development
- Working knowledge of data warehouse design & modeling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with technical and non-technical associates
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person’s home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individual who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.
- Business Management
- Data Warehousing
- Engineering Design Process
- Evaluate Information
- Export Administration Regulations