Weatherford is a leading global energy services company. Our world-class experts partner with customers to optimize their resources and realize the full potential of their assets. Across our operating locations, including manufacturing, research and development, service, and training facilities, operators choose us for strategic solutions that add efficiency, flexibility, and responsibility to any energy operation.
We are focused on technology development, digital solutions, and defining our footprint in the new energy space. Our ability to provide integrated solutions across our segments will be critical to growth in our core operations and the energy transition.
Energy producers face unique challenges every day, so it is our job to create solutions that enhance safety, streamline operations, and sustain uptime to meet or exceed their targets. We operate across the global energy landscape employing some of the best diverse talent in the industry. At Weatherford, we understand the value each individual brings to the table. We celebrate diversity in all its forms and are immensely proud of our workforce. We invite you to join our passionate, talented, word-class team.
When you join Weatherford, you instantly feel connected to something bigger – a community that is grounded by our core values and driven to create innovative solutions for our customers. We celebrate each other’s successes, grow together, and learn from each other constantly. Individually, we are impressive. Together, we are unstoppable. We are One Weatherford.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and provides you a challenging and enriching career path, with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are focused on providing a challenging and enriching career path with a healthy balance of structure and flexibility to chart your own course. We are an innovative, global company with wide-ranging opportunities that include career-enhancing talent rotations. Our structured career paths will ensure that you know what it takes to build your ideal career at Weatherford when you join our Company. We also offer a comprehensive benefits program, including health insurance coverage, income protection plans, a 401(k) savings plan, Company paid holidays, and paid time off for vacation.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Under direct supervision, performs standard tasks using established methods, principles, concepts & procedure related to software. Assists in writing and implementing software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems. Applies theoretical knowledge to practical problems in software design. Independent judgment is made on tasks of low complexity.
- Participate in full testing life cycle, including requirements validation, test planning, and test case identification/development, development of test automation framework, functional testing, performance testing and user acceptance testing.
- Define test objectives, write and execute test cases and test scenarios to ensure that software products meet design specifications and ensure consistency, completeness, accuracy and testability of product requirements.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to formulate testing scenarios and facilitate testing.
- Work as part of an Agile Scrum team to ensure a successful product delivery, suggest, and negotiate product testability enhancements.
- Ensure traceability from business requirements and technical specifications to test conditions and problem reports.
- Provide technical and team leadership for software QA initiatives and test processes.
- Assist in the design, development and maintenance of plans for testing phases of software development.
- Perform software testing according to test plans and report the test results.
- Perform manual and automated testing of company developed products; software applications, embedded firmware testing, hardware testing, system integration testing. Utilize various communication protocols FTP, HTTP, TCP/IP, RS232, RS485, Modbus, in a network environment.
- Manual and automated firmware and hardware testing experience. Test types utilized: White box code testing, regression, performance, black box, and field release/implementation testing.
- Maintain documents for software/firmware bugs and enhancements, and quality control implementation.
- Author and compile metrics to measure test progress and quality outcomes.
- Work closely with developers in debugging and fixing defects.
- Provide feedback to manager and/or development team regarding ways to improve test processes and development performance.
- Track defects and make sure that all the defects closed before final delivery, report software issues and bugs using Microsoft Visual Studio or Jira.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of testing systems and testing environments.
- Interface with end users to determine new and modified functionality of existing application under test.
- Provide technical assistance in root cause analysis, utilize programming and problem-solving skills to develop troubleshooting concepts and techniques.
- Provide technical and operational support to testers and end-users. Develop and maintain test data sets and databases. Update test harness and test data.
- Bachelors Degree in Electronics Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with Firm Ware Testing, Basic electronics knowledge and troubleshooting of PCBs and RTU platforms.
- Knowledge of coding in C# programming language and Integration API test
- Basic Knowledge of database technologies such as SQL server and Oracle
- Experience of source control systems and configuration management.
- Experience with Software installation and troubleshooting on various windows, Linux servers.
- Experience with testing of deployment of software running on Linux-based devices
- Ability to configure hardware per manufacturer’s user guides
- Experience with a UI automation framework (Selenium Preferred)
- Experience with Oil & Gas industry applications Preferred
- Off hours availability with remote teams
- Experience with Bug tracking tools like Jira.
- Strong knowledge and skillset on both automated and manual testing.
- Familiar with testing web-based applications and REST APIs.
- Familiar with Agile Scrum development methodolgy.
- Hands-on knowledge on minimum of one test automation tool.
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages.
- Strong diagnostic skills to track, trouble-shoot, and identify issues.
- Ability to take direction and work well with others.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Two years of experience with testing medium to large projects.
- Acceptance Testing
- Agile Methodology
- Business Requirements