If you are a Cloud Software Developer looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Austin, Texas location, you will provide a full range of IIoT, SaaS, and PaaS solutions and technology services to empower Emerson business and bring more value to our customers. Flexible work opportunities.
As a Senior Cloud Software Developer, you will possess a broad technical expertise, passion in architecting cloud solutions, strong interpersonal skills, and experience in related digital transformation technologies. The position will lead teams in developing cloud-native, hybrid, or multi-cloud solutions. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of large-scale digital transformation solutions, continuously hone and expand your skill set, and effectively lead architecture discussions. An exciting variety of opportunities exist to help deliver applications in a hands-on position working collaboratively with clients, product management and technology teams. The Senior Cloud Software Developer will use critical thinking, analysis, research and business acumen to evaluate and recommend solutions for project requirements. Candidates must be willing to work in a global team environment and have good written and verbal communications skills.
Emerson values autonomy, self-reliance, fast movers, a passion for robust and maintainable code, and above all, the ability to ship a quality product.
AS SENIOR CLOUD SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, YOU WILL:
- Serve as a cloud architect by providing technical guidance to other team members for the design, implementation and support of new cloud platform architecture and automation technologies, as well as updates and maintenance of existing cloud and automation systems
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud, automation, and end-to-end architecture for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker, Kafka and container management systems
- Share architecture and development best practices with developers across the platform
- Provide leadership, technical guidance and mentoring to others in areas of expertise
- Work closely with the product management teams to concept and iterate on product and use case ideas
- Build scalable solutions that integrate with other systems from demos and proofs-of-concept into marketable product offerings
- Implement production changes during defined maintenance windows, support on call rotation and serve as a point of escalation within the team for production support issues
- Analyze code performance, debug and optimize projects prior to distribution
- Develop and maintain code and integrate software components into a fully functional software system including network protocols, API management, and mobile applications
- Help the organization understand best practices around platform integration
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related STEM field and 7 years of relevant experience or a master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related STEM field and 6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience architecting cloud solutions
- Experience developing RESTful APIs as the standard contract for system interaction
- Professional experience with .NET technology and Azure Cloud Services to create robust backend services, IoT service, SaaS/PaaS, REST APIs, and web services
- Experience with developing and deploying production web- or enterprise-scale solutions
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum concepts and experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to travel occasionally including internationally
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Experience with Azure, AWS, GCP cloud services
- Experience performing cost-benefit analysis on cloud solutions
- Comfortable speaking with and presenting to executives, IT managers, and developers (internal and external)
- Experience architecting and designing full stack web-based software entities
- Experience using one or more of the following database management systems: MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, SAP HANA, Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos DB
- Experience building Event Driven Architectures leveraging messaging technologies such as MSMQ, AMQP, MQTT, RabbitMQ, Azure Service Bus, or NServiceBus
- Experience in software deployment for both on-premise and cloud installations
- Knowledge of Emerson’s Plantweb offerings and control systems
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
- Api Management
- Amazon Web Services
- Internet Of Things (Io T)
- Software As A Services
- Java (Programming Language)