Do you want to have a great opportunity to help your customers with managing the supply chain initiatives in our European organization? By joining us as a Regional Category Manager Castings, Forgings, Fasteners you will work closely with the key stakeholders in the Business unit across many functions(Materials, Operations, Quality, Engineering), external suppliers and collaborate with the supply chain team located in Europe, but also in other world regions. If this sounds like an interesting job for you, then join our team!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Strategically lead the commodity spend, create a supplier capability matrix for castings/forgings/fasteners. Assess and mitigate suppliers’ risks.
- Develop and coordinate the execution of the category strategies to reach the annual targets for: supplier on time delivery performance; supply chain lead-time; material cost savings; payment term; supplier consolidation using Grow/Maintain/Exit strategy.
- Increase cost reductions by leveraging the procurement decisions on behalf of the organization.
- Improve material availability and meet customer expectations (on-time, lead-time) Supplier development and relationship management.
- Work with cross functional teams from PRM Business.
- Drive and own the supplier selection process.
- Standardization of reporting, processes and project management using the available tools (Gate reviews, monthly key performance scorecard, electronic sourcing, Oracle contracts)Create the strategy and vision for the next years in terms of the supply chain optimization for the castings/forgings and fasteners.
- Contribute to implement the annual supply chain key initiatives of the strategic plan.
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree – in Engineering or Technical Field required.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in supply chain area.
- Prove an experience in leading a team.
- Knowledge and experience in the following commodities such as castings, forging, fasteners is required. Experience in machined parts, fabrication work, rubber, springs is an advantage.
- Technical understanding. • Knowledge of MRP (preferred SAP and/or Oracle)Advanced level of English.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.).
- Ability to travel
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.