Manager Plant Quality
Director Corporate Quality or Site Quality Leader
This position supports manufacturing quality at the production site and reports directly to the Site Quality Leader or Supply Chain Leader. The role plans, coordinates and directs the Quality Control processes of the Quality system and overall Quality Control program. Success in this role is measured by the understanding and adherence to Quality requirements enabling a continuous production of products consistent with the Quality policy, Quality system and established industry standards. The role is also responsible for identifying and driving standardization of processes and other productivity improvements, which would positively impact the Quality Control function and Manufacturing function at the site.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for Quality Control Inspectors and NDE personnel.
- Participate in Project risk review workshops and provide Quality inputs (for sites where this is applicable).
- Participate in Lessons Learned workshops and provide inputs to Project Manager (for sites where this is applicable).
- Review project documents (bids, proposals) and identify quality requirements.
- Develop and implement Quality plans and procedures.
- Ensure audit findings, non-conformances, and defects are reviewed and analyzed to address corrective and preventative actions in an effective and timely manner.
- Define and implement processes for inspection required by contract and Exterran quality program.
- Provide support to understand quality issues on the factory floor through facilitation of cross-functional inputs.
- Collaborate with the Quality Management System leader to standardize appropriate quality system policies and procedures in the site and leads the audit process to ensure compliance after implementation. This includes defect reporting processes, cost of quality measures, calibration, etc.
- Develop and monitor quality measures / KPIs; conducts an annual (at a minimum) Quality Management Reviews inclusive of all relevant functions.
- Prioritize opportunities for performance improvement and lead those initiatives to completion.
- Ensure gauge calibration performed effectively, either internally or via a third party, according to the Quality Management System requirements. Conduct periodic audits on gauge calibration.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling on time completion of quality activities within budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Vocational degree
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in years as a Quality leader in an Oil & Gas environment
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in ASME piping and pressure vessels
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in welding fabrication and NDT methods
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an ISO 2015 compliant Quality Management System
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in auditing basics and basic understanding of root cause analysis process and techniques
- Strong knowledge of ASME pressure vessel codes and ANSI B31.2 for piping
- Good understanding of other recognized standards and codes such API, ASTM, NACE ISO, DIN, and AWS
- Solid organization, problem-solving, decision-making, judgment, leadership, and team-oriented skills are essential to manage multiple projects
- Good communication skills to liaise with quality and cross-functional counterparts to address quality related matters
- Demonstrated report-writing skills
- Ability to coordinate with customers and third party inspectors
- Solid knowledge in the use of Microsoft suite of office software applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Experience in using Oracle Quality module
- Experience in Quality in offshore EPC projects
- Fluency in Spanish in reading, writing, and oral communication is preferred in U.S. and Latin America; Arabic preferred in Middle East; Chinese/Thai/Indonesian preferred in Asia.
- Certified Welding Inspector/Engineer/Supervisor accreditation from recognized agency
Preferred Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Engineering degree
- LSS (Lean Six Sigma) training and belt certification
- Wear designated PPE while on the shop floor or other locations which require PPE
- Ability to:
- Stand on shop floor for minimum 8 hours per day
- Lift minimum of 50 pounds
- Climb stairs and ladders frequently
- Stand, squat, and crawl to reach various pieces of equipment
- Experience potential exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases generated from fabrication activities
- Position may require travel 25% of the time (for Supplier Qualifications)
- Position requires employee to drive to supplier site up to 50% of the time (for Supplier audits/visits)
- ASNT vision requirements
- Must have visual acuity in at least one eye capable of reading the Jaeger J1 test chart, or equivalent, at a distance of not less than 30.5 cm (12in.).
- Must be able to differentiate between the colors used in the NDT method(s) for which certification is required.
- Must be able to communicate and respond to coworkers, suppliers, customers, and emergency cues/alarms, in person and on the telephone, including use of mobile devices
- Certified Welding Inspector