Lead the business relationships with, and sales efforts to, a large and complex Air Conditioning OEM as well as additional strategic accounts that participate in various key commercial & residential growth markets. Responsible for securing sales and profitability growth through development and implementation of product and business strategies that involve NBO targeting, managing product launches and phase-outs, and the execution of both price optimization and NMI recovery strategies. While balancing stakeholders, you will engage with Product Marketing and Product Management to develop tailored customer strategies, with Technical Services to provide customers technical support, with Inside Sales teammates to drive alignment of customer engagement and various internal reporting responsibilties, and with other Emerson business units to secure an audience for expanding Emerson's product offering beyond compressors. AS AN ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Manage ongoing relationships with all key OEM customer functional areas – Engineering, Product/Program Management, Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, and Senior Management.
- Document customer needs, priorities, pain points, and timelines in order to identify growth opportunities and to effectively communicate throughout organizations of both the customer and Emerson.
- Develop and execute OEM customer-specific product and pricing strategies to secure revenue growth balanced with profitability objectives.
- Provide technical guidance on Emerson products to OEM customers
- Align internal resources and teams to execute effective engagements with a wide range of roles within OEM customer organizations a variety of product, market, and industry stewardship topics.
- Lead or participate in cross-functional teams for ongoing organizational Strategic Priority initiatives.
- Travel by car or by air one or more nights per week, 2-3 weeks per month to support customers as required for success.
- Coordinate synergies between various independent customers that have recently been consolidated under single ownership through acquisition.
You serve as a strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain profitable and long-lasting relationships with key accounts. You readily distinguish between what’s relevant and what’s unimportant to make sense of complex situations. You rely on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions. You consider multiple and varied viewpoints when addressing problems and opportunities. You see the big picture, constantly are imagining future scenarios, and create strategies to sustain competitive advantage. You show a tremendous amount of initiative in tough situations and are exceptional at spotting and seizing opportunities. You use milestones to diligently track and manage the progress of the work. You understand interpersonal and group dynamics and react in an effective manner.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 4-year degree in business or mechanical/electronic technical discipline and three (3) years HVAC/R related experience
- Competency with business-related software platforms for effective communication and decision development data analytics
- Effective and adaptive oral and written communication skills for formal and casual presentations, business negotiation, and various problem-solving situations.
- Ability to assess customer organizations to identify opportunities and to develop appropriate strategies and tactics to successfully attain profitable growth.
- Must manage productive ongoing B2B relationships with customer contacts across various business and engineering roles.
- Strong time management & prioritization skills, ability to multi-task and effectively delegate critical responsibilities to support team while delivering on-time solutions
- Ability to travel up to 45% for the role.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Marketing, Entrepreneurship or similar business discipline, or a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- MBA/MS a plus
- Sales background is preferred, but not required if HVAC industry experience includes customer-facing responsibilities
- Five (5) years HVAC/R related experience
- Knowledgeable of HVAC/R compressors, systems, system components and electronics, and industry
- Demonstrated success in B2B sales & account management, particularly involving OEM accounts
- Multicultural awareness and global communication skills would be a plus.
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable. We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible Work Schedule – Remote Work Option and Core Hours
This role has the flexibility of a remote work option up to three days a week and a core hour schedule. You can choose to flex your start and stop times given you are working during the core hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers.
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year’s Day. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.
Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area
Our facility is located in [ Link removed ] conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , and [ Link removed ] . The area’s generally low costs of living, excellent school systems and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.
About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, contact [ Link removed ] .
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life. Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.
- Account Management
- Group Dynamics