Strengthening our nation’s power grid isn’t easy, but reliable electrical service is essential to everyday life. Every time someone charges an iPhone, cranks up the A/C or turns on a computer, we are busy behind the scenes making it happen. Michels Power, Inc. is one of the largest, most sought-after power delivery contractors in the United States. We do it all – from building transmission lines and substations to distribution networks and inside wiring. We also restore power after natural disasters strike. Our work improves lives. Find out how a career at Michels Power, Inc. can change yours.
As an Underground Power and Communications Laborer, your key responsibilities will be installing and upgrading telecommunication networks along with loading, unloading, and transporting materials onto the job site for underground utility construction.
*** Total Wage/Benefits Package, based on experience: $29.00 - $35.00, collectively bargained rates, rates subject to change ***
Why Michels Power, Inc.?
- Engineering News-Record ranks us as the No. 1 Electrical Transmission/Distribution contractor.
- Our steady, strategic growth revolves around a commitment to quality
- We are family owned and operated
- We invest an average of $5,000 per employee on training each year
- We perform challenging, meaningful work that improves the world
- We believe everyone is responsible for promoting safety, regardless of job title
- We are a part of the Michels family of companies – one of North America’s largest, most diversified energy and infrastructure contractors
- You like to surround yourself with dedicated, value-driven people
- You relish new challenges and evolving technology
- You cringe when you hear: “Because that’s the way we’ve always done it.”
- You like to know your efforts are noticed and appreciated
- You believe that individual commitment to a group effort is key to success
- You want your work to make a difference in people’s lives
What it takes?
- A valid driver license for the type(s) of vehicles you may be driving and an acceptable driving record
- A Commercial Driver’s License or the ability to obtain
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)