Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Philippines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
The Mobile Applications Engineer is an essential part of a small and dynamic team that develops, tests and maintains SunPower's commissioning applications. Your code will make an impact, it will enable the connection, setup and on-site diagnostics for our monitoring gateway that is a core component of our solar power and storage solutions. Commissioning applications are technical in nature and integrate closely with the supported hardware while providing a refined and intuitive user experience. These applications are implemented using web and hybrid mobile application technologies using an agile software development approach.
You will help SunPower change the way the world is powered, so in addition to being a skilled UI developer, we're looking for individuals with a passion for renewable energy and solar in particular. There is a purpose behind what we do.
Your applications will be bundled with our monitoring solutions as well as deployed to mobile application stores. As such you will be working closely with firmware, data platform, QA and product management teams to produce highly reliable and flexible monitoring products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with product management to understand product requirements and contribute to design and planning.
- Participate in agile planning processes to manage the software development cycle.
- Participate and help lead UI/UX efforts to advance our products.
- Assist with design and implementation of assigned features in React Native, TypeScript, HTML, CSS, Cordova, iOS/Android for our hybrid applications.
- Support, as needed, legacy applications in AngularJS (1.x) and facilitate their retirement.
- Work closely with the QA team to craft test plans and validate solutions.
- Integrate with CI tools for automated unit and integration testing.
- Support triage of field issues as required.
- Cross-functional collaboration across SunPower development disciplines.
- Self-starter by nature. Must be able to deliver solutions in fast-moving environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Design, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of commercial application development experience.
- Solid understanding of modern toolkits/frameworks.
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies.
- Experience using git revision control.
- Experience working in a lab environment.
- Ability to write clean and clear code and documentation.
- Experience with native mobile application development in iOS and/or Android using Objective C/Swift/Java/Kotlin.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Design.
- Graphical design and UX portfolio.
- Public git repos showing your contributions.
- Interactive examples of prior work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: [ Email address blocked ] . Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.
- Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
- React Native
- Storage (Computing)
- Objective C (Progamming Language)
- Agile Software Development