Our client is in need of hiring multiple individuals to support Kentucky's COVID-19 Contact Tracer Program. The role listed below (Communicable Disease Investigator) will be a contract position for as long as support is needed for this program. This program will support ALL of Kentucky and will be broken up in to 16 regions covering all 120 counties across the Commonwealth, so there will be multiple needs for each region throughout the State.
Must have the ability to utilize excellent and sensitive interpersonal, cultural sensitivity, and interviewing skills such that you build and maintain trust with patients and contacts as you work with a patient to help them recall everyone with whom they have had close contact during the time frame while they may have been infectious.
COVID-19 Communicable Disease Investigator
The work involves responsibility for investigating situations concerning individuals who have been in contact with COVID-19, which could result in possible sources of infection. The work includes locating patients of COVID-19 and persons with whom they have had contact. Investigation procedures involve contacting various information sources such as welfare agencies, neighbors, hospitals, work locations, restaurants and bars. The investigator is primarily concerned with locating persons who should be examined for acute infection. General supervision is received from an administrative superior with leeway allowed for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative in carrying out the mandate of the Kentucky Department for Public Health. Certain assignments made to employees in this position will require reasonable access to transportation to meet fieldwork requirements made in the ordinary course of business in a timely and efficient manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Interview patients to elicit information regarding their contacts to COVID-19 positive patients and to determine possible personal and health history related to transmitted diseases.
• Educates and counsels patients regarding transmitted diseases and risk reduction.
• Locates persons who have been reported to have COVID-19 or who have been in contact with infected individuals; directs these individuals to submit necessary laboratory specimens and such other necessary control measures.
• Induces persons who have been in contact with COVID-19 to have medical examinations and laboratory testing as applicable.
• Provides information and education on COVID-19 to phone inquiries.
• Conducts interviews with persons who are COVID-19 positive and assists them in informing their close contacts of their positive status.
• Conducts investigations to discover unreported cases.
• Performs a variety of duties relating to the preparation of reports, entering personal data on patient registers, and preparing correspondence to send to patients who are in need of medical examination and treatment.
• Maintains records on all delinquent and/or non-conforming patients.
• Prepares individual narrative reports concerning work procedures and certain patients.
• Utilizes appropriate methods for interacting effectively and professionally with persons of all ages and from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, educational, racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, lifestyles and physical abilities)
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS):
Education and Certifications:
- Current student or graduate from a college of public health, medical science, college of nursing, or school of medicine
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Critical thinking and sound judgment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Understand ethics and public good; concerned with public trust
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
The Global Edge Consultants, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Global Edge Consultantst, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Diseases And Disorders