We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 70000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Join us as a System Test Engineer and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role in Stockholm, Sweden.
As a System Test Engineer, you will be responsible to design tests and program them in C# placing focus on testability and robustness. The safety critical nature of the products introduces special restrictions on design and implementation, always challenging the suitable candidate.
• Be able to understand how SW and HW interact, and how it works together. Be logical and have knowledge of tracing faults to its source (HW or/and SW).
• Executing test cases, manually and automatically both in a PC environment and at target system level.
• Transferring requirement into executable test cases and also transfer these into test scripts.
• Be able to evaluate outcome of an executed test case, and then, if needed report deviations from expected system behavior.
• Be able to document results of executed test cases.
• Be responsible for documents like Test Specification, Test Environment Specification, and Test Record.
• Committed, engaged with the ability to prioritize and take ownership of tasks.
• Experience of other safety-critical systems is highly valued.
• Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer science or Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
• Relevant experience in automation testing environment.
• Consistent system test knowledge
• Professional knowledge in C#.
• Experience with C++ and Python will be considered an advantage.
• Team spirit approach and good communication abilities.
• Responsible for your actions/decisions and result-oriented, with initiative skills.
• English at a fluent level is mandatory for this role.
• Good analytical skill is required.
• Experience in Product development.
• Understanding and experience in Software coding.
• Knowledge of at least one Alstom platform.
• Knowledge of more than one Alstom platform.
• Product and system background.
• At least 2 years in relevant positions (systems / sub-systems integration, embedded equipment, electrotechnical product development) in a highly complex and normative environment (railway signalling, aerospace, defense, nuclear) would be a major asset.
• (Self) entrepreneurial
• Problem setting and problem solving
• Sense of urgency
• Writing skills required: clarity, rigor, and concision
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
- Aerospace Industries
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Electrical Engineering