Handles a variety of Cost Accounting functions including to help set standard costs for all new parts, warranty reporting and forecasting, reviewing and evaluating purchase price variance reports and scrap reporting trends. This position will also work with cross functional departments on special projects around costing and inventory accuracy. This role is a key link between our Manufacturing Operation and our finance department.
- Help plan, organize and execute major cost accounting tasks (physical inventory, year-end standard cost setting).
- Works with department managers to develop and maintain our annual cost reduction plan. This includes analyzing data and providing information to calculate the impact of the reductions. This position is then responsible for communicating this information to management to update monthly budget/forecasts.
- Prepares monthly variance analysis, participates in forecasting activities for variations and other cost components, and communicates performance to management.
- Prepare and analyze monthly domestic and international warranty reports and provide variance information and recommendations to Management. Forecast future warranty trends/liability and report on financials. Prepare warranty journal entries for and accrual adjustments for monthly close.
- Review weekly PPV Report, identify and correct purchase price variances and issue monthly PPV report to Management.
- Ability to take on special projects in addition to regular tasks. This includes multiple new projects around manufacturing automation and new product design. The position will work to develop and update costing for these new product launches.
- Helps oversee annual physical inventory of three US locations. This includes communicating instructions to operations, overseeing the inventory input, reconciling differences, and booking the physical inventory adjustment.
- Develops costing strategies for new product. We are in the process of new layouts and automated production and this position will work to develop costing strategies for this new environment.
- Reviews and approves inventory reconciliations, inventory and freight forecasts, and deferred inventory analysis.
- Prepares our quarterly Excess and Obsolete inventory analysis. This position needs to work with supply chain and inventory managers to properly identify, reserve, and write off slow moving and obsolete inventory.
- Other duties assigned by management.
What You'll Need\:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, and 5 years working with standard cost in a manufacturing environment
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and other computer skills (Oracle, JD Edwards)
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling
(V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Cost Analyst
. About Emerson
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Analysis Of Variance