Project Engineer (RENEWABLES)
Patterson CA or other site TBD
As one of the nation’s largest specialty contractors focused on electrical construction projects, what we do is important, but how we do it is what makes us special or unique. For more than 65 years, Cupertino Electric has built the infrastructure that allows forward-looking companies to realize their vision. We deliver commercial, energy, and data center projects fast and without compromise. Our values of People, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, and Safety are reflected in how we treat one other, interact with customers, and approach problems. In addition to building great projects, we believe in building great communities as evidenced by our generous giving and volunteer programs.
Our Energy Division at CEI builds projects from the field to the grid. Whether it’s a solar, battery storage, substation, EV charging, microgrid, or converter station project, our skilled project managers, engineers, and field employees deliver when it matters most. We are offering this exciting opportunity to join the Renewables Group within our Energy Division working on complex construction projects, leveraging your Project Management experience.
Position Summary: The Project Engineer position will be based on a project site, with a location to be determined. You will work closely with the Project Controls Team, Project Managers, Superintendents, and the General Foremen in the process of performing your duties will uphold Cupertino Electric’s values of integrity, safety, excellence, innovation, and people, learning relevant aspects of the business, and be an asset to the team. At CEI you’ll be on a career development path to project management. It’s ok if you don’t yet have a deep understanding of electrical construction but be ready to learn and get fired up. You'll have the opportunity to soak up knowledge from everyone you work with – from the journeyman and general foreman to the project team assigning daily tasks. In addition to on-the-job experience and mentoring from your peers, you’ll attend vendor off-site training opportunities, “Power Hour” training classes, and other learning opportunities.
- Estimating – Takeoffs, RFQ’s, Quote evaluation, subcontracts
- Tracking information and material
- Tracking Labor Hours and Field Work Tags
- Estimating: for ordering materials and change orders
- Expediting: obtaining and channeling information
- Ordering: equipment & materials
- Attend meetings as necessary
- Support the field by providing the information and materials they need to construct a quality project for the customer.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal departments and subcontractors
- Communicating with the general public about work activities and clearances
- Pre-field visits to work locations to coordinate construction
- Coordination of job start and close
- Maintaining and updating job files, controlled forms/logs
- Assisting with proposals and change orders
- BS in CM, EE, or Civil is a plus, but not required. Relevant experience may substitute
- Candidates with a relevant electrical construction background preferred
- Must be willing to travel and/or relocate to remote project locations
- Good working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Accubid Pro experience preferred
- Scheduling ability with Microsoft Projects and/or Primavera P6 experience a plus
- Satisfactory driving record
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word