You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
PSI, an Intertek company, is searching for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Building & Construction team in our Pensacola, FL office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile career in the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry!
The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will support the Building and Construction business by overseeing the Geotechnical projects and mentor Geotechnical Engineers and Geotechnical Technicians.
The Building & Construction team provides assurance, testing, inspection, and certification services and building science solutions to deliver Total Quality Assurance to the built environment. The team offers the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site.
What you’ll do:
- Direct and execute Geotechnical project assignments including, field exploration, laboratory services, engineering analysis and report preparation
- Provide quality control review of proposals and reports and direct operations in a manner to consistently meet commitments to the clients
- Actively participate and direct business development and marketing efforts while establishing and maintaining client relationships
- Responsible for the mentoring and training of senior and junior professional staff professionals
- Actively participate in relationship building with professional and technical organizations
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- BS Civil Engineering required
- MS in Geotechnical is highly desired
- 10+ years of progressive Geotechnical experience with active project management experience is required
- Professional Registration (P.E.) in FL or ability to obtain in 1 year
- E.I.T. is required
- Excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills are essential
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Geotechnical Engineering and related disciplines with the ability and desire to provide creative and practical solutions to meet the client’s needs
- Valid Driver's License and reliable driving record required
Why work at Intertek?
PSI, an Intertek Company, is a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services. We are ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and are able to provide the architectural, engineering, and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on-site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] .
What we have to offer:When [ Link removed ] , you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that [ Link removed ] are our strongest tool for success. We are an [ Link removed ] and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [ Link removed ] or call
- Business Development
- Civil Engineering
- Coaching And Mentoring
Job ID: 5235