The Process Engineer contributes to the design of multiple process areas and may lead the design for a process area. The Process Engineer conducts research to develop new and improved processes for manufacturing, conducts tests and monitors production performance, troubleshoots manufacturing performance variances, and ensures safety compliance of processes and equipment for various assigned areas.
* Contribute to the design of multiple process areas.
* Lead the design of any process areas assigned to the process engineer.
* Processes areas may include but are not limited to ADUN production, organic solution preparation, solution-gelation, solvent washing, particle drying, TRISO layer application, graphite matrix production, overcoating, fuel core pressing, green pebble pressing, compact pressing, shaping, heat treatment, quality control, industrial waste processing, radioactive waste processing and uranium recovery.
* Develop specifications for process equipment and work with equipment suppliers to ensure critical design characteristics are met for equipment delivery
* Work with subcontractors and suppliers to design, construct, deliver, and install process equipment.
* Conduct research to develop new and improved processes for manufacturing.
* Develop methods and procedures to process and handle chemicals and materials that are solid, liquid, and gaseous in safe and efficient manner.
* Design and plan equipment layout, particularly for new processes, new products, or new customers.
* Work with R&D team to translate lab-scale processes to pilot scale and production scale processes.
* Work with regulatory team to establish safety procedures for individuals working with dangerous chemicals, processes, or equipment.
* Work with regulatory team to establish appropriate safety controls in process areas.
* Work with regulatory team to ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulations.
* Provide support for waste permitting.
* Conduct tests and monitor process performance throughout production.
* Troubleshoot problems associated with manufacturing processes. Monitor variances from process controls. Provide recommendations and solutions to reduce or to eliminate variances.
* Continually update a master list of all chemical inputs, chemical outputs, and waste streams.
* Continually update a master list of all equipment in all process areas.
* Perform other related duties as directed.
* Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, nuclear engineering, material science, material science engineering, mechanical engineering, or other related field
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required
* CAD and P&ID experience is required
* Experience with industrial equipment design, procurement, installation, and operation is required.
* Experience with Microsoft Office
* Ability to work in a team to produce desired outputs in short turnaround
* Must be willing to work with hazardous materials such as low enriched uranium, nitric acid, and phenolic resin.
All eligible employees enjoy an excellent benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, short/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off including holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
*EEO Statement: *
MS Technology, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $115,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* No nights
* No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Knoxville, TN 37932: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
* Bachelor's (Required)
* Engineering: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
- Quality Assurance
- Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Design Process
- Conduct Experiment
- Review Production Schedule