You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer
To supervise and train staff. Prepare and update Electrical deliverables. The successful candidate will have experience in green field and brown field engineering of offshore O&G facilities and renewables. Capable of contributing to many areas as part of a small project team. Capable of originating documentation and working with minimum supervision and external input.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- To ensure the quality of work undertaken by themselves and others is commensurate with the goal of the activity considering the constraints of time and budget
- To support with competency the Engineering Design of Electrical Systems for Offshore and Onshore Installations, from Concept phase to Detail Design, actively participating in the production of Project Deliverables and Discipline Meetings
- Conduct Power System studies including calculation files.
- Design of substations
- Coordinate engineering activities with other interested parties
- Represent the company with Clients on technical matters
- Prepare and update technical specifications
- Prepare and issue reports on electrical design
- Prepare and issue Enquiry Documentation
- Technical Bid analysis of electrical equipment and materials
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs)
- Assist with the preparation of budget estimates (materials and manhours)
- Review Project Documents produced by third parties
- Direct and lead other junior engineers and designers as required
- Candidates must hold a minimum Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering combined with 5 years of professional experience in design and engineering
- Candidate must be registered with an Engineering Council or equivalent and preferably a Chartered Engineer (or working towards) is considered advantageous
- Proven success in delivering studies and preparing clear, concise reports against time, cost, and quality objectives
- Experience in feasibility/concept selection studies and FEED projects
Competencies & Soft Skills:
Electrical engineer, with experience as an electrical engineer in the oil and gas industry for offshore projects. Candidate should have:
- ETAP Software experience
- Commercial awareness
- Detail conscientious
- Strong work ethic
- Leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and outgoing individual
- Team player, self-starter.
- Strong IT literacy
- Flexible to travel in UK and Overseas
- Detail Conscientious
- Leadership experience
- Good report and procedure writing skills
- Good ability to work on own initiative with a 'can-do' attitude
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Commercial Awareness
- Confident And Emotionally Stable
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Design Process
Job ID: BBBH43546