An exciting opportunity to join Centrica as a Service Designer and work as part of our collaborative Customer Journey Teams (CJTs)
As a Service Designer you will be an integral part of our multidisciplinary agile team, including content design, UI and UX design, business design, product and tech colleagues.
Design and carry out research activities to get a deep understanding of users. Design and map the multi-channel, multi-touchpoint end-to-end journey of services to help a user complete their goal and the business to unlock value, while ensuring we meet regulatory standards and other considerations.
Collaborating with your counterparts across the Customer Journey teams to share ideas, your work, internal and external best practice to ensure we maintain alignment and deliver consistency across the teams and work as effectively as we can for the benefit of the teams and our customers.
We offer a generous reward package and the opportunity to develop and influence our diverse business.
Our Team and Environment
Our colleagues enjoy a healthy work-life balance and our culture is one of collaboration, support, diversity and professional diligence.
We are happy to talk flexible working! We offer a flexible balance of both home and office working, meeting with the team at our main Windsor site when required. This conversation will happen as part of the appointment process so there is no need to tell us on your application. We will make sure your request is considered and accommodated where it is practical.
What will you be Doing?
- Taking a strategic end to end view of the journey, reimagining and reinventing online and offline customer journey(s), accountable for generating insights and actions from listening to customers, working with customer experience (CX) measurement & tracking and collaborating with different Business Unit functions such as Customer Operations and Field Operations to achieve continuous improvement of the overall customer journey experience.
- Owning the customer experience of interacting with our products and services through your assigned journey, understanding and mapping the customers’ emotions and feelings throughout the journey.
- Designing innovative and world class leading service for both the customer and employee experience and through design thinking, hackathons and prototyping.
- Auditing and analysing the end to end journey and identifying root causes for failures and improvement (with data and insight from the team).
- Generating insights and actions from listening to customers using appropriate methods (NPS, walkalongs, walkthroughs, ethnographic research etc) and using this to inform the design of the customer experience.
- Identifying and designing cross journey service patterns and standards, aligned to the full customer lifecycle prioritising initiatives or design features to best meet customer and business needs.
- Designing, planning and executing qualitative research and innovation concepts that align with Centrica CX vision (or defining requirements that others can execute), and commissioning usability research to rapidly iterate, test and scale new service designs.
- Commissioning special design / innovation lead activity to partner agencies/in house labs as required, setting clear objectives and outcomes.
A little about you:
Great Service Designers are curious and empathetic, with a practical, problem-solving outlook. It’s a hands-on role provides an engaging place to grow - capability can build over time in different CJTs, and other Design areas in Centrica, along with the ability to mentor members across disciplines.
As an integral part of the CJTs you bring experience of leading strategic design projects in a large organisation and experience delivering multi-channel designs or solutions across large-scale programs and businesses.
Experienced in both facilitation and the application of Design Thinking Methodology, you are able to lead end-to-end collaborative design sessions, including with large and/or senior audiences and guide/mentor junior members of the team and others, new to Service Design in order to continue to build a world-class team.
A degree or equivalent in human-centred design, psychology, research, engineering or a similar background.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
Coaching And Mentoring