We are looking to appoint a Senior / Principal ICA Engineer to join our water team in Warrington. The role is for C2V to provide and support high quality ICA designs as part of an integrated project team delivering innovative and efficient solutions. Jacobs are a 50 / 50 Joint Venture Partner with contractor Volkerstevin and strategic sub-contractors, together forming C2V .
The specific requirements of this role are to work as part of a multidisciplinary design team, preparing ICA design documentation at optioneering, outline and detailed design stages of projects in water and wastewater treatment and conveyance. The candidate will be required to become familiar with the relevant design standards, and liaise with the client’s engineering and operational teams to ensure that the design solution meets the client’s requirements.
The ideal candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge: • Instrumentation selection and design including with regard to process and personnel safety
• Communications network design for full site systems with communication to offsite facilities
• Knowledge of SCADA systems architecture and design
• Knowledge of PLC Systems design and specifying automation requirements (familiarity Siemens and Allen Bradley are advantageous)
• Knowledge of industrial networks and communication devices, including fieldbus technologies such as Profibus DP, Profibus PA, Ethernet, ProfiNet etc.
• Knowledge of Telemetry systems and production of outline design, including assessment of existing installations (preferable)
• Ensure safety is the main priority in all that is done and able to carry out discipline specific risk assessments
• Provide design solutions that meet all of the requirements of the Client Standards and project requirements
• Produce design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively
• Ensure that standard designs and design practices are utilised wherever possible
• Produce outline electrical, instrumentation and control designs for projects
• Attend internal/external design meetings in the office, on site or within client and subcontractors’ premises
• Liaise with other design disciplines
• Carry out surveys on sites to include asset assessment and identification of legacy systems and solutions
• Review and approve/comment on sub-contractor designs.
• Gain approval of designs from Clients
• Attend Factory Acceptance Tests at suppliers’ premises and produce reports
• Ensure the Company Procedures are followed
• Ensure designs produced internally and those of sub-contractors meet the requirements of the specification and current regulations
• Ensure designs are within budget and produce the best overall outcome for the business
• Able to produce clear concise drawings and sketches both hand drawn and using propriety packages
• Bachelor’s degree (or vocational qualification with relevant industry experience) in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or Information Technology
• Ideally Chartered Status or actively working towards Chartered Status
• Proficient with MS Office suite of products
• Profibus Design Certification (advantageous but not a pre-requisite)
• Familiarity with BIM Standards would be advantageous
• Working knowledge of Water Industry Specific standards preferable (United Utilities advantageous)
• Proven ability in facility automation design and integration, in the Water sector an advantage
We’re invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what’s possible. There’s something that drives everyone – and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), Stonewall and VERCIDA (the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site).
We are a diversity champion a UK Disability Confident employer promoting a good working environment for all existing and potential staff. We guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
Jacobs holds the highest accolade Gold Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme from the UK Ministry of Defence which recognises Jacobs’ ongoing commitment to and advocacy of the Armed Forces.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.
Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (Scada)
Programmable Logic Controllers