Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving-force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Engineering & Business Service Center -> Global Procurement, Automation & ECM Services -> ECM Purchasing
ECM Purchasing department is a part of global procurement automation and ECM Services which supports global procurement operational activities.
- Read, Interpret & classify released engineering changes
- Responsible for physical implementation of ECO's at Suppliers/Factories globally
- Technical support to Suppliers / Factories on change implementation
- Responsible to validate new design manufacturability with supplier & enrich purchase info record
- Assist in supplier selection and conduct RFQs with agreed vendors. Negotiate to reach the best possible outcome for Vestas
- Participate in selection, qualification, negotiation and contracting with suppliers within the category
- Optimization the current supply base including the cost base - conduct competitive bidding
- Secure that contractual agreements are in effect and gap closer by contract negotiations if needed
- Be the extended arm of the category team
- Ensure the category's team of safety, quality, cost, delivery, innovation and sustainability are fulfilled
- Coordinate new product/part introductions with vendor and Vestas R&D - raise Engineering change request if relevant documentation is missing
- RFQ - secure that missing master data is enriched ( Info records, source lists and quota arrangements) within agreed SLA
- B.E EEE with minimum of 8 years of experience
- Hands on experience in using any of the following ERP systems - Infor XA / SAP / MS Dynamics AX
- Ability to read, understand and communicate Engineering drawings and Technical specifications
- Exposure in handling production documentation
- Experience with selection, qualification, negotiation and contracting with Electrical commodity suppliers
- Experience in supplier consolidation, cost out projects & negotiating with global suppliers
- Good Presentation skills on techno commercial matters to Management and Stake holders
- Fluent in English. (Oral & Written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Power point for reporting day to day developments/ reporting
What we Offer
An exciting work environment with exposure to multinational work culture and technical knowledge
The work location is Chennai, India
Travel would be around 20%
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st Jan'2021
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.